The Shaloma Chapter of Hadassah is headquartered in Woodbury, NY on the north shore of Long Island. With over 700 members, our chapter attracts participants from the following areas: Jericho, Muttontown, Syosset, Oyster Bay Cove, Woodbury, Plainview, Old Bethpage, Melville & Dix Hills.
Shaloma has been a young leaders group for 25 years, and came into its own in 1999 as the first and only young leaders chapter in Hadassah's Nassau Region. It now serves a multigenerational population, with members ranging in age from their late 20's to 60's. We pride ourselves on hosting events to fit every age & every stage...so ALL are welcome!
- Winter Mah Jongg Luncheon
Winter Mah Jongg Luncheon
Friday March 21st, 2014 from 11-2
- Life Member Dinner
LIFE MEMBER DINNER
March 27th at Diletto's in Westbury
- Fun Zone
Bring the Kids to Fun Zone!
Thursday April 17, 2014
- Jewish Practices for the Over Scheduled Family
Jewish Practices for the Over Scheduled Family
April 7, 2014
Midway Jewish Center
BINGO Date TBD 7:30-10pm
Bethpage Ice Skating Rink
- Share Your Wish Charity
Looking to simplify your child's birthday while teaching the virtues of charity?
With Share Your Wish, you can teach your children just that.
- Book Review
Daytime Book Review- “Shanghai Girls” and the sequel “Dream of Joy” by Lisa See
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.