The Shaloma Chapter of Hadassah is headquartered in Woodbury, NY on the north shore of Long Island. With over 700 members, our chapter attracts participants from the following areas: Jericho, Muttontown, Syosset, Oyster Bay Cove, Woodbury, Plainview, Old Bethpage, Melville & Dix Hills.
Shaloma has been a young leaders group for 25 years, and came into its own in 1999 as the first and only young leaders chapter in Hadassah's Nassau Region. It now serves a multigenerational population, with members ranging in age from their late 20's to 60's. We pride ourselves on hosting events to fit every age & every stage...so ALL are welcome!
- Edible Arrangements
Edible Arrangements Plainview
Holiday Special-10% of purchase price
will be donated back to Hadassah
- Paint Night
Shaloma Paint Night!
Sunday November 23, 2014 7-9pm
Wine and Design, Syosset
- Order your 2015 Mah Jongg Card!
Order the 2015 Mah Jongg Card Now!
Orders due by Monday February 2nd
- Young Judea Fruit Sale
Young Judea Fruit Sale!
Grapefruits, Navel Oranges, Tangelos and Dried Fruit, Candy and Nuts
Oder by October 30th
Pick-up November 23rd
- Shaloma Bulletin June 2014
- Shaloma June Bulletin -check it out to read more about recent events and some great upcoming Summer events
- Share Your Wish Charity
Looking to simplify your child's birthday while teaching the virtues of charity?
With Share Your Wish, you can teach your children just that.
- Book Review
Daytime Book Review- “Shanghai Girls” and the sequel “Dream of Joy” by Lisa See
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!