2014 CPCR Board
|Row 1, left to right: Rena Feuerstein (Past CPCR President and Chapter Liaison), Ginny Baird (Immediate Past CPCR President and Chapter Liaison), Rebecca King (Treasurer and Chapter Liaison), Sandra Warren (Financial Secretary), Rita Kagan (Chapter Liaison),Bernice Rudley(Recording Secretary and Convention Chair), and Sima Shore (Chapter Liaison)|
|Row 2, left to right: Judi Finkelstein (VP Organization and Chapter Liaison), Jane Jacobson (CPCR President), Corinne Sherman (VP Membership), Judy Glick (Chapter Liaison), and Sandy Sidorsky (Member at Large)|
CPCR Women Attended Swearing In to the US Supreme Court Bar and Met with Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan
On February 24, 2014, three Bay Area Hadassah members/Associate joined Hadassah’s National Attorneys' Council annual Swearing in Program at the United States Supreme Court where they were sworn in as members of the Supreme Court Bar. Attorneys Gilda Turitz (Marin County), Lawrence Edelman (San Francisco and wife of Helene Edelman, Past President of San Francisco Hadassah Chapter) and Judge Karen Brandt (Sacramento area) participated in this awe-inspiring experience. More . . .
From right to left, Lynn Altshuler, San Francisco, Dawn Goldstein,
Walk By the Bay — Online registration available soon
CPCR Featured Pages
- Hadassah Bat Ami Social Workers Visit the Bay Area
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.