Welcome To The SNJ Experience
Welcome to the website for Hadassah – Southern New Jersey Region, the source for all current information about our Region.
The Southern New Jersey Region covers the geographic area from Colonia in the north down to Vineland in the southern part of the State, and stretches across New Jersey from Camden County to the Jersey shore. We are comprised of 41 chapters and groups that cover a diversity of demographics. We have almost 14,000 members, and 1500 male Associates.
UPCOMING REGIONAL EVENTS:
Hadassah Southern New Jersey Region Education Symposium
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:45am- 3:00pm
Egad! The clock’s a ticking! The time’s a-wasting! What are you waiting for?
We certainly would miss you!
So…please register for the Education Symposium today!
Limited space available!
UPCOMING CHAPTER EVENTS:
- Most Recent KeTov
Dear Hadassah ColleaguesWe are proud to present our Summer 2013 SNJ Region Ketov. Many thanks toDebbie Kestin Schidkraut for assembling the articles, Caryn Berla Arias for layout, Michlle Krasner and Helaine Tockerman for prrofing and editing, and to all who contributed articles and information.I hope you are all enjoying the summer.Sherryl KaufmanPresident
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.