Home > Message from the President
Message from the President
PRIDE IN THE PAST; BRIDGE TO THE FUTURE
Dear Hadassah Friends,
As we in Hadassah look forward to our second century, we can take tremendous pride in our past. Did you know?
The women of Hadassah and Hadassah Medical Organization were:
• the first to bring modern medicine to the Middle East
• the first to establish Israeli nursing, medical and dental schools
• the first In Israel perform a successful heart transplant
• the first to establish a cancer care center, a burn unit, a bone marrow transplantation unit, and a neo-natal care unit.
• the first in the WORLD to complete a successful, computer-assisted hip replacement.
• the first to open a Jewish hospice in Jerusalem.
We are the largest Zionist Organization in the United States, and the largest women's membership organization in the United States. With 300,000+ members and supporters, we have representation in every congressional district.
Hadassah embraces the concept of peace through medicine both as a moral imperative and a core organizational mission. Because of our outstanding example of peace through medicine, Hadassah Medical Organization is the first and only medical organization in Israel that has been nominated for a Noble Peace Prize.
• Hadassah does not just develop new procedures – Hadassah saves lives.
• Hadassah does not just feed people – Hadassah relieves hunger.
• Hadassah does not just teach students – Hadassah confronts ignorance.
• Hadassah does not just support Young Judaea – Hadassah provides for Jewish continuity.
All of this exists because Hadassah has existed for 100 years, and will continue to exist for the next 100 years.
We count on YOU, our esteemed Seattle Chapter members, to engage with us and join us at our fabulous events and activities.
We will keep you informed!