Greater Washington Area
- Yoga @ Parklawn - Every Friday!
- 10:00 -10:45 AM, at the Hadassah office.
Join certified yoga instructor Emily Star for
a 45 minute low impact yoga class!
Space is limited, reserve your spot today!
Call (301) 881-8203, $10 a session.
- Next... Hadassah’s Lunch & Learn!
- Wednesday, March 12, 11:30 AM
Guest Speaker: Maurice Shohet
President of World Organization of Jews
from Iraq. Topic: Discovery and Recovery:
Preserving Iraqi Jewish Heritage.
- The Arlene P. Steinberg Memorial Scholar Series II
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Eric Denker, Senior Lecturer at the National Gallery of Art
April 24, 7:30 PM @ Congregation Beth El
- New Shema Bracelets for sale!
- GWAC Hadassah is now selling attractive
Shema Bracelets for only $36!
- Proceeds of the sale will benefit Hadassah's major projects. Please call the Hadassah office at 301.881.8203
- Hadassah Walks to Defeat Neuromuscular Diseases
- Sunday, May 4, 2014 | 10:00 AM - Noon
$36.00 per person, kids under 12 walk FREE!
Cabin John Regional Park, Bethesda, MD.
Did you know? ALS, MS, Parkinson’s and
Alzheimer’s are Neuromuscular Diseases.
- New Certificate - Memorial Light
- Introducing the new Greater Washington Area Chapter of Hadassah's very own design. Orders can be placed at 301-881-8203
- Hadassah’s 97th National Convention
- The Venetian Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada. Convention Begins Monday evening, July 21 and ends with the banquet on Wednesday, evening, July 23.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.