Welcome to the Rhode Island Chapter of Hadassah!
Be informed about Hadassah in our state, our region, and nationally
Take time to explore the pages listed on the Right Sidebar
Send us your email address to get up-to-date news and information
Rhode Island Hadassah is part of Western New England Hadassah, which in turn, is part of New England Hadassah. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 781-455-9055 for information; visit our Regional News and Events webpage.
Be sure to check the Featured Pages box where important chapter news and events are listed. Check back often for updates as our officers are planning exciting and informative programs.
- Books on the Beach 2014 - An Authors' Luncheon
August 12, 2014
11:30 - 2:30
Atlantic Beach Club, Newport, RI
Authors: Adam Braver, Jon Land, Tova Mervis
- 2014 Book Selections
Book Selections for 2014
Usually first Mondays of each month
7:00PM at Books on the Square
- September 2014 Book Club
Sept. 8, 2014
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Presidents' Message
- Updated December 2013
- Contact Us
- Officers and Important Contacts
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Order your gift cards! New Cards available
- Certificates for Milestones in Your Life
- Celebrate milestones in your life or lives of friends and loved ones
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.