Welcome to the Rhode Island Chapter of Hadassah!
Be informed about Hadassah in our state, our region, and nationally
Take time to explore the pages listed on the Right Sidebar
Send us your email address to get up-to-date news and information
Rhode Island Hadassah is part of Western New England Hadassah, which in turn, is part of New England Hadassah. Contact email@example.com, call 781-455-9055 for information; visit our Regional News and Events webpage.
Officers for 2014 were installed on December 10, 2013. Photos can be viewed on the Presidents' Message page.
Co-Presidents: Sue Mayes, Judy Schoenfeld, Jane Kondon
Be sure to check the Featured Pages box where important chapter news and events are listed. Check back often for updates as our officers are planning exciting and informative programs.
Meredith Drench z"l, Past President of Rhode Island Chapter and Western New England Regional Chapter, passed away on May 17, 2013, at the Philip Huitar Inpatient Center, Providence. Contributions in her memory may be made to Home and Hospice Care of RI, 1085 N Main St, Providence, 02904; and to the Dr. Meredith Drench Memorial Scholarship Fund at Hadassah Academic College. (Download donation flyer.)
There will also be a special musical fundraiser, "A Cause for Applause", for the Scholarship Fund on May 4, 2014.
- "Creating a Jewish Homeland in British East Africa prior to the Balfour Declaration"
- Chapter Meeting
Dr. Jack Schwartzwald
"An exotic scheme to create a Jewish Homeland in British East Africa as a prelude to the Balfour Declaration"
April 9, 2014; 6:30-8:30PM
Temple Torat Yisrael
- WNER Education Day 2014
- WNER Education Day 2014Pleasant Valley Country ClubSutton, MAApril 6, 2014, 9:30AM - 3:00PM
- Merry Drench Scholarship Fund Fundraiser
- A Cause for Applause
- "A Cause for Applause"
First Annual Fundraiser for Merry Drench Scholarship
May 4, 2014, 2:00PM
Registration and donation forms available
- Presidents' Message
- Updated December 2013
- 2014 Book Selections
Book Selections for 2014
Usually first Mondays of each month
7:00PM at Books on the Square
- April 2014 Book Club
April 7, 2014, 7:00PM
Books on the Square
The Lady in Gold by Ann Marie O'Connor
- Contact Us
- Officers and Important Contacts
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Order your gift cards! New Cards available
- Certificates for Milestones in Your Life
- Celebrate milestones in your life or lives of friends and loved ones
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.