Shalom! Welcome to Hadassah of Greater Baltimore
Serving the metropolitan area, Hadassah of Greater Baltimore offers a diverse array of local programming - from award-winning health education initiatives to women's study groups to leadership training programs to advocacy activities. We are women of all ages working together to make a real difference in our community and the world.
As a Chapter of HADASSAH, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, we join with over 300,000 women around the country to strengthen our partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity , and realize our potential as a dynamic force in American society. Since its founding by Baltimorean, Henrietta Szold, for nearly a century Hadassah has supported Israel by funding pace-setting healthcare, education, youth institutions, and land development programs. Hadassah's emergency relief teams provide lifesaving assistance to victims of disaster and terrorism around the globe.
In America, Hadassah provides innovative health programs and serves as a national voice for women and families, advocating to prevent genetic discrimination and violence against women; and to support First Amendment rights including freedom of religion, separation of church and state, and reproductive choice.
Have a question or something you want us to know? Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Contact us for more information or to get involved.
- Chapter Events
Chapter Spring Meeting & Dinner
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Temple Oheb Shalom
Speaker: David Laskin
author of The Family:
Three Journeys into the Heart of the Twentieth Century
- CHECK IT OUT® CHALLENGE
CHECK IT OUT® CHALLENGE
8K*5K*1 Mile Run/Walk
Sunday, July 27, 2014to register.
Raising funds for CHECK IT OUT®, Hadassah of Greater Baltimore’s award-winning program providing breast and testicular cancer education to public and private high schools throughout the Baltimore area - now in its 20th year!
Call us at 410-484-9590 or email email@example.com if you want to volunteer to help.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.