Shalom! Welcome to Hadassah of Greater Baltimore
Serving the metropolitan area, Hadassah of Greater Baltimore offers a diverse array of local programming - from award-winning health education initiatives to women's study groups to leadership training programs to advocacy activities. We are women of all ages working together to make a real difference in our community and the world.
As a Chapter of HADASSAH, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, we join with over 300,000 women around the country to strengthen our partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity , and realize our potential as a dynamic force in American society. Since its founding by Baltimorean, Henrietta Szold, for nearly a century Hadassah has supported Israel by funding pace-setting healthcare, education, youth institutions, and land development programs. Hadassah's emergency relief teams provide lifesaving assistance to victims of disaster and terrorism around the globe.
In America, Hadassah provides innovative health programs and serves as a national voice for women and families, advocating to prevent genetic discrimination and violence against women; and to support First Amendment rights including freedom of religion, separation of church and state, and reproductive choice.
Have a question or something you want us to know? Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Contact us for more information or to get involved.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!