Welcome to the Rochester, NY Chapter of Hadassah
Current President, Roz Baum
Welcome to the Rochester Chapter of Hadassah!
My goal for the Chapter is to increase, not only membership, but also participation in the various events we sponsor throughout the year. You will find our members happy to make your acquaintance and to make you feel welcome at all events. Events are scheduled during the daytime and evenings, but most are in the evenings. Rides are available if you have transportation difficulties such as not being able to drive at night.
We are a fun-loving group of individuals who are dedicated to Hadassah and to Israel. We also have an associate group for husbands who also have their own events from time to time.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.