Southern Region Home
Welcome to the Southern Region Website!
Get ready to play your cards right, cash in your chips, and head to Las Vegas for Hadassah’s 97th National Convention.
We’re betting on you to create a full house at The Venetian | Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Marcia Gabrilove Ladin & Roselle M. Ungar
The Southern Region of Hadassah is thrilled to have been one of the first regional websites launched 2 years ago. Our website provides an opportunity to better communicate with you and with each other.
It lists up coming events and programs that we hope you will attend and to which you will bring your friends and families.
We always welcome new members and new visitors to our events and programs! This website gives you a chance to engage with us.
As a dynamic, growing Region, we need your ideas, comments -- and especially your e-mail addresses -- so we can provide what you have requested and satisfy your needs while also satisfying the mission of Hadassah.
If you would like to see some beautiful pictures of Israel, click on the picture below. It will take a little while to load, but well worth the time. We have permission to use the slide show from the owner Shai Ginott, www.shaiginott.com, then go to Gallery.
- Our Region
- The Southern Region of Hadassah’s beginning is twofold. The Southern Region as we know it today (the states we represent) was reorganized and began in February of 1938. This is the date we use as our beginning. However, the first Southern Region was formed November 29, 1926 and consisted of 13 chapters in five states: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and Louisiana.
- Calendar of Events
- The Southern Region of Hadassah and each of its chapters has events all year round for members and potential members. We plan events such as membership teas, luncheons, educational events, and galas.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.