Southern Region Home
Welcome to the Southern Region Website!
In 2011, Hadassah hospitals began medical trials on a drug that may have been the first to CURE an ALS patient! National President Marcie Natan does the #ALSIceBucketChallenge and nominates the Hadassah Region and Big Chapter Presidents to do the same! With a donation to the ALS Association, we ask that you match your contribution to the innovative research at Hadassah's hospitals!
Promote New Year's E-Cards in your unit.
The Southern Region of Hadassah is thrilled to have been one of the first regional websites launched 2 years ago. Our website provides an opportunity to better communicate with you and with each other.
It lists up coming events and programs that we hope you will attend and to which you will bring your friends and families.
We always welcome new members and new visitors to our events and programs! This website gives you a chance to engage with us.
As a dynamic, growing Region, we need your ideas, comments -- and especially your e-mail addresses -- so we can provide what you have requested and satisfy your needs while also satisfying the mission of Hadassah.
If you would like to see some beautiful pictures of Israel, click on the picture below. It will take a little while to load, but well worth the time. We have permission to use the slide show from the owner Shai Ginott, www.shaiginott.com, then go to Gallery.
- Our Region
- The Southern Region of Hadassah’s beginning is twofold. The Southern Region as we know it today (the states we represent) was reorganized and began in February of 1938. This is the date we use as our beginning. However, the first Southern Region was formed November 29, 1926 and consisted of 13 chapters in five states: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and Louisiana.
- Calendar of Events
- The Southern Region of Hadassah and each of its chapters has events all year round for members and potential members. We plan events such as membership teas, luncheons, educational events, and galas.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!