Welcome to Winston-Salem Chapter!
ONCE IN A LIFETIME!
$212 for 2012 Life Membership Options*
Lock in for Life today. All new Life Members will receive a beautiful sterling silver and crystal key necklace, exclusively available to new Life and Child Life Members.
Winston Salem Hadassah Chapter welcomes you to:
WALKING TO ISRAEL
Our theme for this year - 2011 and 2012 - is "walking to Israel". Although we can't all be there, we would love to raise the funds to buy a $1500 brick on the path to the new Sarah Wetsman Davidson Tower at Hadassah Hospital in the name of the Winston-Salem Hadassah Chapter. Contact our chapter to make your special donation so that we can buy a small brick and inscribe three lines!!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.