Hadassah Associates Home
Hadassah Associates are Men with a Mission, and our mission is to support Hadassah, the Jewish People and the State of Israel by expanding relationships and identifying new sources of funds. We support Hadassah fundraising activities with specific emphasis on identifying and tapping into new sources of funds from individuals and corporations through innovative activities and events.
Mazal Tov! We SURPASSED our last goal!
We surpassed our $36,000 goal to furnish and equip a Cardiology Department Double Patient Room in the new Tower in honor of Hadassah Associates.
- US Senator Menendez becomes Associate
- Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) joined 34,000 Hadassah Associates, men and boys who support the work of Hadassah, when he received the Myrtle Wreath Award for the Northern New Jersey Region of Hadassah. In his acceptance speech, the senator underscored the strategic importance of the United States to continue its support of Israel, the only real democracy in the Middle East.
- 2012-2013 Officers
Our 2012-2013 Board has been installed
- 2012 Associates “Centennial Man”: Jack Wiadro
- The National Committee of Hadassah Associates (NCHA) is proud to announce its selection of Jack Wiadro as the 2012 National Associate of the Year “Centennial Man” recipient.
- Double Patient Room Initiative Honor Roll
- Our honor roll of supporters shows we've already had a great response add your name to the list!
- Mark Roth's Remarks to the Delegates at the Hadassah Centennial Convention
- About two and a half years ago, my family traveled to Israel to visit our eldest daughter who was spending her gap year studying and volunteering there. We were fortunate to have my in-laws travel with us, but my parents, who wanted very much to come as well, were unable to do so because of my mother's dialysis schedule and her weakening condition. Unfortunately,within 36 hours of our arrival, I was enroute back to the States while my family said their good-byes to my mother via Skype.
- Caroline and Joseph Gruss Surgical Wing Dedicated at Hadassah Medical Organization
- Her father loved technical innovation. Her mother was more devoted to traditional ways of doing things. In turn, naming the new Caroline and Joseph Gruss Surgical Wing of the Sarah Wetsman Davidson Tower, with its high tech operating theaters and welcoming family rooms was a perfect fit, said Dr. Evelyn Gruss Lipper, speaking for the Gruss family.
- Hadassah’s Trauma Unit: Teaching the World about Saving Victims of Mass Casualty Events
- For the past 20 years, every student in Hadassah's medical school has participated in a two-week trauma course after finishing his sixth year; as a result, there are almost 3,000 Hadassah graduates practicing medicine around the world who have been trained to treat blast trauma victims and handle triage during a mass casualty event.
- Dr. Yoram Maaravi, Change Agent in Caring for the Elderly
- "It's the best thing to do in medicine; it's fulfilling, fascinating, challenging, and rewarding," says Dr. Yoram Maaravi, the Hadassah Medical Organization's Director of Geriatric Rehabilitation, in describing his career as a geriatrician at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus.
- Texas First Lady Anita Perry Tours Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem
- During her visit to Israel as part of the Texas Economic Development Mission, First Lady Anita Perry toured the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem where she received an in-depth briefing from Prof. Yoram Weiss, Medical Director of Hadassah Hospital-Ein Kerem in the Shock Trauma Center.
- Saved from Fatal Meningitis, American Attorney Praises Uniqueness of Hadassah
- "I am alive today because the doctors at Hadassah are not constrained by the traditional paradigm of medical practice or typical treatment modalities," says Michael Weiss, who was recently a very ill patient at the Hadassah Medical Organization. Read about his experience and his admiration for Hadassah's physicians.
- Hadassah’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Center: a Growing Reputation for Success
- Thanks to a wide range of sophisticated diagnostic and monitoring equipment, innovative treatment options, and a dedicated multidisciplinary team with an impressive success rate, the Hadassah Medical Center's Comprehensive Epilepsy Center continues to draw increasing numbers of patients from throughout Israel and abroad.
- Professor Yoram Weiss Named New Medical Director of Hadassah’s Ein Kerem Hospital
- Hadassah Medical Organization Director General Avigdor Kaplan has named Hadassah physician Prof Yoram Weiss as the new medical director of Hadassah's hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America Mourns Passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA) today joined with the people of Israel and the worldwide Jewish community in mourning the passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
- Hadassah Remembers Former Prime Minister of Israel Yitzchak Rabin z"l
- In 1995, Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin shared the Henrietta Szold Award, Hadassah's highest honor, awarded for their initiation of the peace process with the Palestinians.
- Electrocuted Romanian Medical Student, Airlifted to Hadassah, Making Progress
- David Fintzi's breathing and eating support have been removed so that he's able to speak freely and to eat once again. He is now receiving physical therapy to regain movement in his burned limbs.
- Abandoned Baby Found in Jerusalem Cared for at Hadassah's Medical Adoption Unit
- Last week, the story of an abandoned baby found in Jerusalem's Old City dominated the news. The baby was brought to Hadassah's hospital on Mount Scopus, where the Medical Adoption Unit treated her and are now finding the baby a home.