To have a fun filled event that raises money and
brings Hadassah to a larger community
Basketball game, baseball game, football game, etc.
At any sports arena, neighborhood ball field, etc.
Anytime during the appropriate sports season
HOW DO I START?
- Select a popular venue: should be a popular sporting event; not one with a small cult following.
- Private box, club seating, skybox, etc.
- Should be something special that perhaps Associates wouldn't ordinarily get; in other words, a different or unique opportunity.
- Create and send invitation or letter which promotes Associate affiliation. See Sample SE Invitation.
- Encourage existing Associates to bring other Associates: offer incentive to both parties
- Encourage donor levels for existing Associates and give perks for various levels, for example, player's pre-event signing, bat boy, jersey, etc.
- Frame event
- Use seating, special meal (buffet), etc., as perks.
- Give gift bags with peanuts, cookies, etc., all donated, and be certain that Associates literature and Hadassah project literature are included.
- Bags should be printed with Associates logo and event logo or name.
- Provide special hats or tee-shirts for participants with Associates logo; visibility to outsiders attending the event makes your section/special party more exclusive and is a good community image builder.
- Have billboard or scoreboard flash: "Hello Hadassah Associates!"
- Arrange acknowledgement from "Announcer's box"
- Chair and committee should greet all guests
- Chair and committee should not sit together but should disperse among new Associates and donors.
- Be certain to do sign in or fishbowl raffle, so you have names and pertinent info of those attending.
- Wrap up A. Send Thank You to those attending, new Associates and donors.
- Send letters to those who attended but didn't become Associates, encouraging Associate affiliation.
- Analyse costs + staff time vs. number of new Associates and donors.
HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Mark Roth, President, National Committee of Hadassh Associates;
Haren Haber, National Chair, Hadassah Associates
For further information call 212-303-8058 or email email@example.com