Digital Photography Program
This is an easy program that will attract all age Associates to come together to learn about the new technology- digital photography. It offers Associates a chance to get to know each other, learn about Hadassah and raise much needed funds.
Arrange a planning meeting with as many Associates as possible in order to involve them in the planning, execution and success of the program. At this meeting they can decide whether to limit it to Associates only. Serve great food at this meeting and offer the following outline for them to use as-is or adapt:
- Arrange for 2 or 3 Associates to teach Digital Photography: (Or request professionals from camera stores or camera manufacturers.)
- First half hour or so, one speaker will demonstrate general composition and photography. The pictures selected for study can bring in a sub-theme for the program, such as pictures of Israel, Hadassah projects, our grandkids, sports, whatever.
- Second half hour have two breakout demonstrations on digital photography, beginner and more advanced.
- Then come together to have question and answer time with all the presenters.
- Use home with large screen TV or in home theater.
- Serve food the men will like.
- Ask for donations from Camera companies like Canon or Nikon and from local stores like Wolf Camera, B&H Photo and Mike’s camera
- Donations in kind can be used as door prize, raffle or photo contest prizes. Other donations can cover other costs.
- Charge a reasonable fee to attend program and ask for big donations during the program. Charge fee to enter the competition. Involve as many “local” units as possible (ie other groups or chapters).
- Follow up:
- Plan a follow up class or program depending upon interest.
- Have a digital photography contest that announces winners on Associates Day in April.