The Western New England Region of Hadassah
Welcome to the
Come on in and navigate our web site to see just how many opportunities there are for you to explore. Our chapters offer something for just about everybody: health education, Hebrew classes, political advocacy training, book and video discussion clubs, current events programs, and Israeli dancing. We are also growing special interest groups, such as the Physicians' and Nurses' Councils, in which these medical professionals meet with and learn from their counterparts from Hadassah's world-class hospitals in
If you are not already a member, please join us. Give us a call at (781) 455-9055 or email us at HNE@hadassah.org and will be happy to direct you to a chapter near you.
Read the Winter 2014 Bulletin here.
Scenes from the Hadassah Northeast Leadership Retreat, Nov 15-17, 2013.
Featured PagesOptometrists Conference in IsraelNortheast Hadassah Leadership Retreat
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.