We are proud to welcome you to the Greater Miami Region of Hadassah’s website.
We hope this site will provide an opportunity to better communicate with those of you who are already members and give those of you who are potential members a sense of who we are as an organization. On this website you can see our upcoming events and programs, learn about our current fundraising campaigns, join Hadassah, learn more about the Greater Miami Region and about Hadassah’s National organization, make a donation, and sign up for our e-newsletter mailing list.
Please visit this website frequently for the latest news and updates – mark it on your “favorites” list so you can access it quickly and easily!
- Youth Aliyah
- Youth Aliyah began in the dark days of 1934 when Hadassah adopted the project that heroically rescued Jewish children from the death machine of Nazi Germany. Today we still rescue kids at risk.
- Jewish National Fund
- Over 100 years ago, the Jewish National Fund (JNF) was created with the singular task of reclaiming the land in Israel. To continue meeting this challenge JNF, with the support of hundreds of thousands of people, invests its time and efforts in several important areas. Hadassah and the Jewish National Fund have been partners in action since 1926. Today, our organizations continue united in an effort to plant trees and help Israel meet her environmental water needs.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!