We are proud to welcome you to the Greater Miami Region of Hadassah’s website.
We hope this site will provide an opportunity to better communicate with those of you who are already members and give those of you who are potential members a sense of who we are as an organization. On this website you can see our upcoming events and programs, learn about our current fundraising campaigns, join Hadassah, learn more about the Greater Miami Region and about Hadassah’s National organization, make a donation, and sign up for our e-newsletter mailing list.
Please visit this website frequently for the latest news and updates – mark it on your “favorites” list so you can access it quickly and easily!
- Youth Aliyah
- Youth Aliyah began in the dark days of 1934 when Hadassah adopted the project that heroically rescued Jewish children from the death machine of Nazi Germany. Today we still rescue kids at risk.
- Jewish National Fund
- Over 100 years ago, the Jewish National Fund (JNF) was created with the singular task of reclaiming the land in Israel. To continue meeting this challenge JNF, with the support of hundreds of thousands of people, invests its time and efforts in several important areas. Hadassah and the Jewish National Fund have been partners in action since 1926. Today, our organizations continue united in an effort to plant trees and help Israel meet her environmental water needs.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.