Welcome to the Shatil Chapter!
Hadassah Medical Organization - Help Hadassah Heal
The announcement on February 7 that Hadassah Medical Organization (HMO) would have to enter into Section 350 (the Israeli law that is similar to our Chapter 11) was hard news to hear. Here are links to some information to help you understand what is happening in Jerusalem.
hadassah.org/HMOUpdate - News about HMO and the recovery process
The Chai Society is Hadassah's newest annual giving society. It's a new way to be part of something big! Choose your impact by selecting how your donation will be used! You can put it towards Medicine and Healthcare, Youth Aliyah, Young Judaea, U.S. Initiatives, or let Hadassah choose for you. Click here to learn more and join.
Dance into 5775: Everything you wanted to know about Dance Therapy! - Monday, September 8th
Join us for an enlightening presentation combining dance/movement therapy principles with history of dance in biblical, Jewish and Israeli history. The program will also include creative, easy, experiential dancing to help connect our bodies and spirits to ready us for joyful celebrations as we move into shana hahadasha (the new year) 5775! All welcome!
6pm light dinner and socializing 6:45 Program
Send check payable to Hadassah with your name and program name to:
Questions? Contact Virginia at 212-677-2371 or VG1818@aol.com.
Book Club - Wednesday, September 17th @ 6:30pm
In the Courtyard of the Kabbalist – by Ruchama King Feuerman. 2013 National Jewish Book award finalist –Lower east side haberdasher’s adventurous new life in Israel as assistant to a famous Rabbi. The cost for all book club meetings through December 2014 is $36, or $7 per book club meeting. Please bring payment to the meeting. Also, please bring a snack or drink to share. - New members always welcome. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting location.
and click here to see more of Shatil's upcoming events...
To see all events in the NY Region, click here.
Membership 2014 UpdateMembership will remain $212 for life member. New this year is a 6 month payment plan option, available by credit card payments only.
Double Your Impact Member-get-a-Member Campaign runs January 1-December 31, 2014.
• Anyone who gifts a life membership receives a multi-generation pin of their choice
• New benefit for life members includes $100 discount off any Hadassah mission
Centennial Celebration Lock - Unlock the FutureUnlock the Future with a $100 donation* and receive a beautiful sterling silver heart- shaped Lock on a sterling silver 18" chain.
Show future generations that you were there when Hadassah celebrated a century of empowered women who make a difference. It's a fantastic gift for a Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Mother's Day or any special occasion. Beautiful worn alone or with your Centennial Key!
Click here to see the list of enewsletters and sign up.
Are you getting all of Hadassah's news by email? Subscribe to some/all of Hadassah's news including Shatil's monthly enewsletters, JTA/Hadassah Daily Briefings, Hadassah Young Women, Hadassah's Advocacy Department, and many more.
Other Hadassah sites that may interest you:
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!