Welcome to the Shatil Chapter!
Hadassah Medical Organization - Help Hadassah Heal
The announcement on February 7 that Hadassah Medical Organization (HMO) would have to enter into Section 350 (the Israeli law that is similar to our Chapter 11) was hard news to hear. Here are links to some information to help you understand what is happening in Jerusalem.
hadassah.org/HMOUpdate - News about HMO and the recovery process
The Chai Society is Hadassah's newest annual giving society. It's a new way to be part of something big! Choose your impact by selecting how your donation will be used! You can put it towards Medicine and Healthcare, Youth Aliyah, Young Judaea, U.S. Initiatives, or let Hadassah choose for you. Click here to learn more and join.
Book Club - NEW DATE - Wednesday July 30th @ venue TBD -- (Not July 15)
Billionaires Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace (mystery of the worlds’ most expensive bottle of wine). The cost for all book club meetings through December 2014 is $36, or $7 per book club meeting. Please bring payment to the meeting. Also, please bring a snack or drink to share. - New members always welcome. RSVP to email@example.com for meeting location.
and click here to see more of Shatil's upcoming events...
To see all events in the NY Region, click here.
Membership 2014 UpdateMembership will remain $212 for life member. New this year is a 6 month payment plan option, available by credit card payments only.
Double Your Impact Member-get-a-Member Campaign runs January 1-December 31, 2014.
• Anyone who gifts a life membership receives a multi-generation pin of their choice
• New benefit for life members includes $100 discount off any Hadassah mission
Centennial Celebration Lock - Unlock the FutureUnlock the Future with a $100 donation* and receive a beautiful sterling silver heart- shaped Lock on a sterling silver 18" chain.
Show future generations that you were there when Hadassah celebrated a century of empowered women who make a difference. It's a fantastic gift for a Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Mother's Day or any special occasion. Beautiful worn alone or with your Centennial Key!
Click here to see the list of enewsletters and sign up.
Are you getting all of Hadassah's news by email? Subscribe to some/all of Hadassah's news including Shatil's monthly enewsletters, JTA/Hadassah Daily Briefings, Hadassah Young Women, Hadassah's Advocacy Department, and many more.
Other Hadassah sites that may interest you:
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.