Welcome to the Boston Chapter of Hadassah > Local News
Rabbi Robinson of Temple Emanuel, Newton posted the following on her facebook page on July 29, 2014.
Hadassah friends. Marcie Natan is with us viewing the Iron Dome.
From the Jewish Advocate (click to read)
"Hadassah Broadens its Charitable Efforts" by Ellen Zarrow-Nissenbaum
From the Jewish Journal
Hadassah's Heart Health Program for Women
Read the article here.
Hadassah Northeast Women's Empowerment Conference
Read about it here.
Boston Globe 11/18/13 Page 1, Metro section
Jewish Advocate, 11/15/13
Jewish Advocate, 12/6/13
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.