The Southeastern Region of Hadassah welcomes you to our website. We are in the process of updating these pages. We encourage you to visit here often, as the information provided will be changed and/or updated frequently.
If you have comments or suggestions on what you would like to see included here, please send them to us at LRTanny@gmail.com and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
SAVE THE DATES:
The "2013 Opportunities for Giving: A Compendium of Information for Hadassah Members, Leaders, and the Curious" is now available online. Many of our Hadassah board members and committee chairs receive a flood of wonderful and welcome information from and about Hadassah. No doubt it sometimes can be too much of a good thing. It can be information overload.
To help organize the different opportunities for giving programs in effect for 2013-2014, we have designed this Compendium to summarize the programs, to indicate where you can find more information and provide links when possible, to answer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about popular programs, and even provide modifiable promotional information to make it easier to move ahead with opportunities for giving programs. Our intent is to update this document periodically and make it available on this webpage.
Featured Activities and Programs Scroll
What's News - A Newsletter Published by the Southeastern Region of Hadassah
Shaliach, the Southeastern Region’s quarterly newsletter
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.