The Westchester Region is busy, busy, busy!
We have educational programs, social action projects and fundraising activities. Just click on Region and Chapter news to learn all about our "goings on". Within these pages you'll be able to find out all about us. We would love to have you get involved. Come to one event or come to several. There's a place for everyone in Westchester Hadassah!
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, was founded in 1912 by Henrietta Szold. Since its inception, Hadassah has remained unwavering in its devotion to improve the quality of life for all the people of Israel and to strengthen Jewish life in the United States and around the world. Hadassah is about people, about effecting change, about tikkun olam- making the world a better place.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.