Welcome to our Chattanooga Chapter of Hadassah.
We have 230 Members. In 2011, our chapter's membership increased by close to 65 new Life Members as a result of Hadassah's Centennial Life Membership Offer.
The 2012 Southern Region Spring Conference was held in Chattanooga. Congratulations to Millie Lander, Conference Chair, and all of the Chattanooga Hadassah members who made this year’s Southern Region Spring Conference a fantastic success. Our local chapter members were gracious hostesses, and participation by city officials, university scholars, and Jewish community sponsors demonstrated proud civic support.
At the conference’s annual awards banquet,the Chattanooga chapter was awarded the 2012 Star Chapter of the Year. This wonderful point-based honor is given each year to a chapter that not only exceeds its various goals but, engages its community in Hadassah’s mission locally and in Israel. Chapter President Rhonda Seeber, a dedicated Board, and active members have worked over the last two years to realize Henrietta Szold's mission to help others, foster Jewish continuity, further medical advancement and health education, and address issues important to women and families.
Our small chapter greatly exceeded fundraising expectations thanks in part to many generous Keepers of the Gate and Major Gifts Contributors. Our many endeavors have included educational celebrations at Sukkot and Tu B’Shehvat, community-wide New Year’s greetings, sponsorship of programs at the Jewish Federation's Community Sunday School, dinners for "Room in the Inn" women's shelter, food and toiletries drives at Chanukah, special recognition of B’nai Mitzvot and other lifecycle celebrations, support of JNF through the sale of tree or water certificates, sale of the Dining/Entertainment Guides, outreach to new members, regional leadership trainings,chapter meetings, and special events that enable Hadassah to continue its programs throughout Israel.
Special thanks to Dana Waxler, long time Chattanooga Chapter Member and outgoing Southern Region President. Her support and guidance continues to inspire and energize our chapter. She will continue as a member of the Hadassah Nationa Board.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!