Hadassah Columbus Ohio
- Miriam's Cup Luncheon Honoring Susie Blair
This year’s Miriam’s Cup Luncheon — attended by nearly 200 and raising $10,000 for Hadassah’s projects in Israel — is the brainchild of the chapter’s Hadassah Leadership Academy graduates. Now in its third year, the Miriam’s Cup is awarded to a member who exemplifies the spirit of its namesake by demonstrating leadership and a passion to serve others.
download photos >>
- It's Hadassah's 100th Birthday. Celebrate with us.
Hadassah Founder Henrietta Szold began creating “herstory” in 1912. From her, Hadassah women began their legacy, a commitment to health care, education and advocacy, and a passion to enrich the lives of Jews in the United States, Israel and around the world. Male Associate Members are strong supporters of Hadassah’s programs in Israel.
What else started 100 years ago?
The British luxury liner Titanic struck an iceberg shortly before midnight.
Oreo and Lorna Doone cookies were introduced.
To see more 1912 events, click here
- Home Sweet Hadassah
Columbus Hadassah joined with thousands of Hadassah Members, Associates and friends, world-wide, to mark the centennial celebration of Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America.
For more information about this wonderful chapter event, click here
- Tu B'Shvat Seder
Columbus Hadassah celebrated the Jewish Birthday of the Trees with The Women of Beth Shalom. The event featured Israeli folk dancing led by Mim Chenfeld. Temple Beth Shalom Music Director Gail Rose, who chaired the event, led the participatory seder and singing, accompanied by...
download photos >>
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.