Hadassah Columbus Ohio
- 2014 Miriam's Cup Luncheon
- The April 1, 2014, Miriam’s Cup luncheon was chaired by Susie Blair, who with her committee, put in many hours planning and attending to every detail for the 115 attendees. Honorary Chair Renee Resnik spoke eloquently about Hadassah and about our honoree, Joyce Garver Keller. In turn, Joyce spoke movingly on our need for involvement in the Jewish community. Joyce was presented with the beautiful Miriam’s Cup award, designed by artist Gary Rosenthal. To see the photos, click here
- 2014 Donor Event
Marriage was in the air at the Hadassah Donor Event, sponsored by Israel Bonds on June 1, 2014, at the Columbus Museum of Art. Docents Joy Benatar and Robert Shapiro led guests on a tour of the Splendid Art of Matrimony ketubah exhibit. Following the tour, Columbus Hadassah Co-president Rachel Belenker welcomed guests and remarked on the sixty-year “marriage” of Hadassah and Israel Bonds that supports the commitment of both organizations to the strength and security of Israel. She quoted former Israel Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz: “The country has been transformed by Israel Bonds and is a source of pride not only for Israelis but for friends and supporters the world over.” For details and to see photos of the Donor Event, click here.
- Miriam's Cup Luncheon Honoring Susie Blair
This year’s Miriam’s Cup Luncheon — attended by nearly 200 and raising $10,000 for Hadassah’s projects in Israel — is the brainchild of the chapter’s Hadassah Leadership Academy graduates. Now in its third year, the Miriam’s Cup is awarded to a member who exemplifies the spirit of its namesake by demonstrating leadership and a passion to serve others.
download photos >>
- It's Hadassah's 100th Birthday. Celebrate with us.
Hadassah Founder Henrietta Szold began creating “herstory” in 1912. From her, Hadassah women began their legacy, a commitment to health care, education and advocacy, and a passion to enrich the lives of Jews in the United States, Israel and around the world. Male Associate Members are strong supporters of Hadassah’s programs in Israel.
What else started 100 years ago?
The British luxury liner Titanic struck an iceberg shortly before midnight.
Oreo and Lorna Doone cookies were introduced.
To see more 1912 events, click here
- Home Sweet Hadassah
Columbus Hadassah joined with thousands of Hadassah Members, Associates and friends, world-wide, to mark the centennial celebration of Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America.
For more information about this wonderful chapter event, click here
- Tu B'Shvat Seder
Columbus Hadassah celebrated the Jewish Birthday of the Trees with The Women of Beth Shalom. The event featured Israeli folk dancing led by Mim Chenfeld. Temple Beth Shalom Music Director Gail Rose, who chaired the event, led the participatory seder and singing, accompanied by...
download photos >>
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!