Welcome to the Florida Atlantic Chevra Chapter!
HAPPY 101st BIRTHDAY, HADASSAH!
This year in Jerusalem!
At Our Next Meeting,
Click here for our January-April, 2013 Chevra Bulletin.For archived events, Click here for our Chevra Bulletin for September-December, 2012.
CHEVRA UPCOMING EVENTS:
Chevra is an open evening chapter serving members from Coral Springs to North Palm Beach. Contact Chevra Membership team by calling the Region office at 561-498-1012 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Chevra will celebrate its Bat Mitzvah this week!
Save June 27th for a spectacular event at the Boynton Ross JCC, 7:15 pm.
A Bat Mitzvah Celebration of Joy and Achievement! Join us at the JCC, Jog Rd., just north of Gateway, Boynton Beach. View a Visual History of the Chevra Chapter. Honor all Past and Sitting Presidents. Commemorate this event by signing a new Chapter Charter. Enjoy delicious refreshments and lots of surprises. Bring your spouses/significant others to help us celebrate this milestone.
A big thank you goes to our Mentor, Sherry Udell, for putting together such a wonderful celebration.
Upcoming at Chevra:.
RETRO GAME NIGHT
Sunday, July 14th at 7 pm
Bring back fond memories of your childhood. Have fun playing Monopoly, Sorry, Checkers, and many more. Enjoy refreshments from your childhood. Join us at Roberta's home. Your check is your reservation. For details, contact HumanRN@aol.com.
Thursdays, July 18th and August 8th at 7:30 pm. Discuss and review exciting books. Contact Leslie at email@example.com.
EAT FOR HADASSAH AT CHILI'S
Join us for a fun evening at Chili's on Congress & Gateway in Boynton Beach. Bring your friends and family. Order from the menu and enjoy all the foods you crave, or diet with a salad. 10% of our restaurant tabs will be donated to Chevra. Chili's would like a head count, so please contact Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your table.
MEMBER AND ASSOCIATE LUNCHEON
Sunday, August 11th at 12:30 pm
Members and Associates are invited to this special luncheon at Mama Mia's, Hypoluxo & Lyons Rd, Lake Worth. Couvert: $28.50. Salad, choice of entree, sumptuous dessert (specify if you need sugar-free), iced tea, coffee, hot tea. Watch your mailbox for your formal invitation. For more information, contact Helene at email@example.com or Sue at Susan.Zeitz@taylorandfrancis.com.
CARD, GAME & MAH JONGG NIGHT
Tuesday, August 27th at 7:30 pm
Play Mah Jongg, Canasta, Bridge or Scrabble. Have fun, laugh, play and enjoy munchies. Bring a group or join one. Couvert: $10.00. Your check is your reservation. Contact Marcia at firstname.lastname@example.org for the details.
E-mail email@example.com for more information
CHECK OUT CHEVRA'S WEBSITE AND BULLETIN AT www.hadassah.org/floridaatlanticchevra.
WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GROUP FOR OUR "YOUNGER" SET - If you are in your 20's, 30's and 40's, watch this space for activities geared just for you
We are 20's to 49, married, single, with children
We're interested in doing our own thing and helping to raise
Interested in more info?
DON'T BELONG TO A GATED COMMUNITY CHAPTER? WORKING DURING THE DAY? LOOKING FOR A GREAT GROUP OF FRIENDLY WOMEN TO MEET?
COME CHECK OUT OUR CHAPTER!
The Chevra Chapter of Hadassah is a vibrant group of about 290 women (and Men Associates) who meet in the evenings or on Sundays. Every month of the year, our open chapter offers a variety of interesting and informative programs for our members to choose from.
READ ALL ABOUT OUR FOUNDER , HENRIETTA SZOLD, ON THE 101st ANNIVERSARY OF HADASSAH.
DID YOU MISS IT? WE WERE IN JERUSALEM FOR HADASSAH'S CENTENNIAL!
Go to www.hadassah.org/livestream for the major events of the Convention
Tuesday, October 16th A Flash mob at Safra Square kicked off the celebration.
GO TO www.hadassah.org to look for your Chevra friends, Elaine & Myron, Sheila & Irv, Meryl, and Barbara A. at the main events. If you couldn't be there in person, this is the next best thing!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to having you join us.
- Caroline and Joseph Gruss Surgical Wing Dedicated at Hadassah Medical Organization
- Her father loved technical innovation. Her mother was more devoted to traditional ways of doing things. In turn, naming the new Caroline and Joseph Gruss Surgical Wing of the Sarah Wetsman Davidson Tower, with its high tech operating theaters and welcoming family rooms was a perfect fit, said Dr. Evelyn Gruss Lipper, speaking for the Gruss family.
- Hadassah’s Trauma Unit: Teaching the World about Saving Victims of Mass Casualty Events
- For the past 20 years, every student in Hadassah's medical school has participated in a two-week trauma course after finishing his sixth year; as a result, there are almost 3,000 Hadassah graduates practicing medicine around the world who have been trained to treat blast trauma victims and handle triage during a mass casualty event.
- Dr. Yoram Maaravi, Change Agent in Caring for the Elderly
- "It's the best thing to do in medicine; it's fulfilling, fascinating, challenging, and rewarding," says Dr. Yoram Maaravi, the Hadassah Medical Organization's Director of Geriatric Rehabilitation, in describing his career as a geriatrician at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus.
- Texas First Lady Anita Perry Tours Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem
- During her visit to Israel as part of the Texas Economic Development Mission, First Lady Anita Perry toured the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem where she received an in-depth briefing from Prof. Yoram Weiss, Medical Director of Hadassah Hospital-Ein Kerem in the Shock Trauma Center.
- Saved from Fatal Meningitis, American Attorney Praises Uniqueness of Hadassah
- "I am alive today because the doctors at Hadassah are not constrained by the traditional paradigm of medical practice or typical treatment modalities," says Michael Weiss, who was recently a very ill patient at the Hadassah Medical Organization. Read about his experience and his admiration for Hadassah's physicians.
- Hadassah’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Center: a Growing Reputation for Success
- Thanks to a wide range of sophisticated diagnostic and monitoring equipment, innovative treatment options, and a dedicated multidisciplinary team with an impressive success rate, the Hadassah Medical Center's Comprehensive Epilepsy Center continues to draw increasing numbers of patients from throughout Israel and abroad.
- Professor Yoram Weiss Named New Medical Director of Hadassah’s Ein Kerem Hospital
- Hadassah Medical Organization Director General Avigdor Kaplan has named Hadassah physician Prof Yoram Weiss as the new medical director of Hadassah's hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America Mourns Passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA) today joined with the people of Israel and the worldwide Jewish community in mourning the passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
- Hadassah Remembers Former Prime Minister of Israel Yitzchak Rabin z"l
- In 1995, Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin shared the Henrietta Szold Award, Hadassah's highest honor, awarded for their initiation of the peace process with the Palestinians.
- Electrocuted Romanian Medical Student, Airlifted to Hadassah, Making Progress
- David Fintzi's breathing and eating support have been removed so that he's able to speak freely and to eat once again. He is now receiving physical therapy to regain movement in his burned limbs.
- Abandoned Baby Found in Jerusalem Cared for at Hadassah's Medical Adoption Unit
- Last week, the story of an abandoned baby found in Jerusalem's Old City dominated the news. The baby was brought to Hadassah's hospital on Mount Scopus, where the Medical Adoption Unit treated her and are now finding the baby a home.