Welcome to the Florida Atlantic Chevra Chapter!
HAPPY 102nd BIRTHDAY, HADASSAH!
This year in Jerusalem!
At Our Next Meeting,
Click here for our March-April, 2014 Chevra Bulletin.
An updated bulletin will be available at the end of August.
WEEKLY HADASSAH BRIEFING
Here are the Numbers, as of July 23, 2014:
FROM THE DESK OF MARCIE NATAN
It is with a heavy heart that we learned a few hours ago that the bodies of the three kidnapped Israeli teenagers have been found in Hebron. Naftali Frankel, 16, who had dual Israeli-American citizenship; Gilad Shaar, 16; and Eyal Yifrach, 19, were abducted on their way home from school on June 12.
It is a sad day for Israel and the Jewish people. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of these young men and the people of Israel in this time of grief.
We urge all leaders throughout the world to condemn the kidnapping and brutal murder of these innocents.
We do not know what developments will unfold in the coming days, or what actions Israel may take. Hadassah stands with Israel and supports its right to protect and defend its sovereignty and security.
We encourage you to express your condolences and support to the government and people of Israel. You can send messages mentioning that you are a Hadassah member to Prime Minister Netanyahu, your local Israeli Consulate or via social media.
Zichronom livracha. May the memories of Naftali, Gilad and Eyal be for a blessing.
From the desk of Anat Hoffman (Women of the Wall):
How much evil can we bear in one short week?
We have been monitoring previous cases of attacks against Arabs and discovered that no charges were made in either, because the files were "lost."
We must harness our energies to push the police to find all of the perpetrators and bring them to justice. The same resources that are devoted to find and punish the murderers of Eyal, Naftali, and Gilad should be devoted to finding the murderers of Muhammad Hussein.
The bereaved family of Eyal Fraenkel issued a statement this morning:
CHEVRA UPCOMING EVENTS:
17th Thurs. Book & Study Group - The Innocents
24th Thursday -Pizza Party at Sheila G's
10th Sunday - Our Book & Author and Luncheon!
Your invitation should have arrived via e-mail on July 11, 2014.
SEND YOUR CHECK AND REGISTRATION FORM BEFORE AUGUST 5th!
Sunday, August 10, 2014 at Ellie's 50s Diner
Join us to hear from Ellen Brazer, author of And So It Was Written (which was discussed at our June Study Group). Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, and shop with our vendors. Lots of fun and surprises!
This event is open to all - bring your friends and family for a truly special afternoon.
COUVERT: $36 The e-mail you received has all the details.
Chevra is an open evening chapter serving members from Coral Springs to North Palm Beach. Contact Chevra Membership team by calling the Region office at 561-498-1012 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
CHECK OUT CHEVRA'S WEBSITE AND BULLETIN AT www.hadassah.org/floridaatlanticchevra.
WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GROUP FOR OUR "YOUNGER" SET - If you are in your 20's, 30's and 40's, watch this space for activities geared just for you -
We are 20's to 49, married, single, with children
We're interested in doing our own thing and helping to raise
Interested in more info?
DON'T BELONG TO A GATED COMMUNITY CHAPTER? WORKING DURING THE DAY? LOOKING FOR A GREAT GROUP OF FRIENDLY WOMEN TO MEET?
COME CHECK OUT OUR CHAPTER!
The Chevra Chapter of Hadassah is a vibrant group of about 290 women (and Men Associates) who meet in the evenings or on Sundays. Every month of the year, our open chapter offers a variety of interesting and informative programs for our members to choose from.
READ ALL ABOUT OUR FOUNDER , HENRIETTA SZOLD, ON THE 102nd ANNIVERSARY OF HADASSAH.
DID YOU MISS IT? IN OCTOBER, 2012, WE WERE IN JERUSALEM FOR HADASSAH'S CENTENNIAL!
In 2014, we are going to LAS VEGAS for the National Convention! Join us in July 21-23 at the Venetian Hotel.
Call Anne Lee Weiner at the Region office, 561-498-1012 if you are planning to attend. Registration materials are on-line now - go to www.floridaatlantic.hadassah.org.
Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to having you join us.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.