Welcome to the Florida Atlantic Chevra Chapter!
HAPPY 102nd BIRTHDAY, HADASSAH!
This year in Jerusalem!
At Our Next Meeting,
Click here for our March-April, 2014 Chevra Bulletin.
An updated bulletin will be available at the end of August.
WEEKLY HADASSAH BRIEFING
Here are the Numbers, as of July 23, 2014:
FROM THE DESK OF MARCIE NATAN
It is with a heavy heart that we learned a few hours ago that the bodies of the three kidnapped Israeli teenagers have been found in Hebron. Naftali Frankel, 16, who had dual Israeli-American citizenship; Gilad Shaar, 16; and Eyal Yifrach, 19, were abducted on their way home from school on June 12.
It is a sad day for Israel and the Jewish people. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of these young men and the people of Israel in this time of grief.
We urge all leaders throughout the world to condemn the kidnapping and brutal murder of these innocents.
We do not know what developments will unfold in the coming days, or what actions Israel may take. Hadassah stands with Israel and supports its right to protect and defend its sovereignty and security.
We encourage you to express your condolences and support to the government and people of Israel. You can send messages mentioning that you are a Hadassah member to Prime Minister Netanyahu, your local Israeli Consulate or via social media.
Zichronom livracha. May the memories of Naftali, Gilad and Eyal be for a blessing.
From the desk of Anat Hoffman (Women of the Wall):
How much evil can we bear in one short week?
We have been monitoring previous cases of attacks against Arabs and discovered that no charges were made in either, because the files were "lost."
We must harness our energies to push the police to find all of the perpetrators and bring them to justice. The same resources that are devoted to find and punish the murderers of Eyal, Naftali, and Gilad should be devoted to finding the murderers of Muhammad Hussein.
The bereaved family of Eyal Fraenkel issued a statement this morning:
CHEVRA UPCOMING EVENTS:
17th Thurs. Book & Study Group - The Innocents
24th Thursday -Pizza Party at Sheila G's
10th Sunday - Our Book & Author and Luncheon!
Your invitation should have arrived via e-mail on July 11, 2014.
SEND YOUR CHECK AND REGISTRATION FORM BEFORE AUGUST 5th!
Sunday, August 10, 2014 at Ellie's 50s Diner
Join us to hear from Ellen Brazer, author of And So It Was Written (which was discussed at our June Study Group). Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, and shop with our vendors. Lots of fun and surprises!
This event is open to all - bring your friends and family for a truly special afternoon.
COUVERT: $36 The e-mail you received has all the details.
Chevra is an open evening chapter serving members from Coral Springs to North Palm Beach. Contact Chevra Membership team by calling the Region office at 561-498-1012 or e-mail email@example.com for information.
CHECK OUT CHEVRA'S WEBSITE AND BULLETIN AT www.hadassah.org/floridaatlanticchevra.
WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GROUP FOR OUR "YOUNGER" SET - If you are in your 20's, 30's and 40's, watch this space for activities geared just for you -
We are 20's to 49, married, single, with children
We're interested in doing our own thing and helping to raise
Interested in more info?
DON'T BELONG TO A GATED COMMUNITY CHAPTER? WORKING DURING THE DAY? LOOKING FOR A GREAT GROUP OF FRIENDLY WOMEN TO MEET?
COME CHECK OUT OUR CHAPTER!
The Chevra Chapter of Hadassah is a vibrant group of about 290 women (and Men Associates) who meet in the evenings or on Sundays. Every month of the year, our open chapter offers a variety of interesting and informative programs for our members to choose from.
READ ALL ABOUT OUR FOUNDER , HENRIETTA SZOLD, ON THE 102nd ANNIVERSARY OF HADASSAH.
DID YOU MISS IT? IN OCTOBER, 2012, WE WERE IN JERUSALEM FOR HADASSAH'S CENTENNIAL!
In 2014, we are going to LAS VEGAS for the National Convention! Join us in July 21-23 at the Venetian Hotel.
Call Anne Lee Weiner at the Region office, 561-498-1012 if you are planning to attend. Registration materials are on-line now - go to www.floridaatlantic.hadassah.org.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information. We look forward to having you join us.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!