Welcome to the Florida Atlantic Chevra Chapter!
HAPPY 101st BIRTHDAY, HADASSAH!
This year in Jerusalem!
At Our Next Meeting,
Click here for our January-April, 2013 Chevra Bulletin.For archived events, Click here for our Chevra Bulletin for September-December, 2012.
CHEVRA UPCOMING EVENTS:
Chevra is an open evening chapter serving members from Coral Springs to North Palm Beach. Contact Chevra Membership team by calling the Region office at 561-498-1012 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Chevra will celebrate its Bat Mitzvah this week!
Save June 27th for a spectacular event at the Boynton Ross JCC, 7:15 pm.
A Bat Mitzvah Celebration of Joy and Achievement! Join us at the JCC, Jog Rd., just north of Gateway, Boynton Beach. View a Visual History of the Chevra Chapter. Honor all Past and Sitting Presidents. Commemorate this event by signing a new Chapter Charter. Enjoy delicious refreshments and lots of surprises. Bring your spouses/significant others to help us celebrate this milestone.
A big thank you goes to our Mentor, Sherry Udell, for putting together such a wonderful celebration.
Upcoming at Chevra:.
RETRO GAME NIGHT
Sunday, July 14th at 7 pm
Bring back fond memories of your childhood. Have fun playing Monopoly, Sorry, Checkers, and many more. Enjoy refreshments from your childhood. Join us at Roberta's home. Your check is your reservation. For details, contact HumanRN@aol.com.
Thursdays, July 18th and August 8th at 7:30 pm. Discuss and review exciting books. Contact Leslie at email@example.com.
EAT FOR HADASSAH AT CHILI'S
Join us for a fun evening at Chili's on Congress & Gateway in Boynton Beach. Bring your friends and family. Order from the menu and enjoy all the foods you crave, or diet with a salad. 10% of our restaurant tabs will be donated to Chevra. Chili's would like a head count, so please contact Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your table.
MEMBER AND ASSOCIATE LUNCHEON
Sunday, August 11th at 12:30 pm
Members and Associates are invited to this special luncheon at Mama Mia's, Hypoluxo & Lyons Rd, Lake Worth. Couvert: $28.50. Salad, choice of entree, sumptuous dessert (specify if you need sugar-free), iced tea, coffee, hot tea. Watch your mailbox for your formal invitation. For more information, contact Helene at email@example.com or Sue at Susan.Zeitz@taylorandfrancis.com.
CARD, GAME & MAH JONGG NIGHT
Tuesday, August 27th at 7:30 pm
Play Mah Jongg, Canasta, Bridge or Scrabble. Have fun, laugh, play and enjoy munchies. Bring a group or join one. Couvert: $10.00. Your check is your reservation. Contact Marcia at firstname.lastname@example.org for the details.
E-mail email@example.com for more information
CHECK OUT CHEVRA'S WEBSITE AND BULLETIN AT www.hadassah.org/floridaatlanticchevra.
WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GROUP FOR OUR "YOUNGER" SET - If you are in your 20's, 30's and 40's, watch this space for activities geared just for you
We are 20's to 49, married, single, with children
We're interested in doing our own thing and helping to raise
Interested in more info?
DON'T BELONG TO A GATED COMMUNITY CHAPTER? WORKING DURING THE DAY? LOOKING FOR A GREAT GROUP OF FRIENDLY WOMEN TO MEET?
COME CHECK OUT OUR CHAPTER!
The Chevra Chapter of Hadassah is a vibrant group of about 290 women (and Men Associates) who meet in the evenings or on Sundays. Every month of the year, our open chapter offers a variety of interesting and informative programs for our members to choose from.
READ ALL ABOUT OUR FOUNDER , HENRIETTA SZOLD, ON THE 101st ANNIVERSARY OF HADASSAH.
DID YOU MISS IT? WE WERE IN JERUSALEM FOR HADASSAH'S CENTENNIAL!
Go to www.hadassah.org/livestream for the major events of the Convention
Tuesday, October 16th A Flash mob at Safra Square kicked off the celebration.
GO TO www.hadassah.org to look for your Chevra friends, Elaine & Myron, Sheila & Irv, Meryl, and Barbara A. at the main events. If you couldn't be there in person, this is the next best thing!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to having you join us.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.