Welcome to Hadassah's Howard County Chapter!
From Babies to Bubbies
We've got Something for YOU!
We are a dynamic group of women actively involved in supporting Hadassah. Our members are women from Columbia, Ellicott City, Clarksville, and the surrounding areas in Howard County, Maryland.
Fall 2012: Our Next Event!
Breast Cancer Awareness Night - 12/14/2012. 7PM, Jewish Federation Offices 10630 Little Patuxent Parkway, #400. Open to all.
Light refreshments will be served. For more information please contact Judy Gerb firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Chanukah Auction - 12/11/2012. 7PM. For full information about his event - please click on "Our Events" on the menu, then "View Calendar." RSVP to Julie Rosenthal at email@example.com December 4, 2012. You may RSVP up until the night of the event.
- Caroline and Joseph Gruss Surgical Wing Dedicated at Hadassah Medical Organization
- Her father loved technical innovation. Her mother was more devoted to traditional ways of doing things. In turn, naming the new Caroline and Joseph Gruss Surgical Wing of the Sarah Wetsman Davidson Tower, with its high tech operating theaters and welcoming family rooms was a perfect fit, said Dr. Evelyn Gruss Lipper, speaking for the Gruss family.
- Hadassah’s Trauma Unit: Teaching the World about Saving Victims of Mass Casualty Events
- For the past 20 years, every student in Hadassah's medical school has participated in a two-week trauma course after finishing his sixth year; as a result, there are almost 3,000 Hadassah graduates practicing medicine around the world who have been trained to treat blast trauma victims and handle triage during a mass casualty event.
- Dr. Yoram Maaravi, Change Agent in Caring for the Elderly
- "It's the best thing to do in medicine; it's fulfilling, fascinating, challenging, and rewarding," says Dr. Yoram Maaravi, the Hadassah Medical Organization's Director of Geriatric Rehabilitation, in describing his career as a geriatrician at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus.
- Texas First Lady Anita Perry Tours Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem
- During her visit to Israel as part of the Texas Economic Development Mission, First Lady Anita Perry toured the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem where she received an in-depth briefing from Prof. Yoram Weiss, Medical Director of Hadassah Hospital-Ein Kerem in the Shock Trauma Center.
- Saved from Fatal Meningitis, American Attorney Praises Uniqueness of Hadassah
- "I am alive today because the doctors at Hadassah are not constrained by the traditional paradigm of medical practice or typical treatment modalities," says Michael Weiss, who was recently a very ill patient at the Hadassah Medical Organization. Read about his experience and his admiration for Hadassah's physicians.
- Hadassah’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Center: a Growing Reputation for Success
- Thanks to a wide range of sophisticated diagnostic and monitoring equipment, innovative treatment options, and a dedicated multidisciplinary team with an impressive success rate, the Hadassah Medical Center's Comprehensive Epilepsy Center continues to draw increasing numbers of patients from throughout Israel and abroad.
- Professor Yoram Weiss Named New Medical Director of Hadassah’s Ein Kerem Hospital
- Hadassah Medical Organization Director General Avigdor Kaplan has named Hadassah physician Prof Yoram Weiss as the new medical director of Hadassah's hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America Mourns Passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA) today joined with the people of Israel and the worldwide Jewish community in mourning the passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
- Hadassah Remembers Former Prime Minister of Israel Yitzchak Rabin z"l
- In 1995, Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin shared the Henrietta Szold Award, Hadassah's highest honor, awarded for their initiation of the peace process with the Palestinians.
- Electrocuted Romanian Medical Student, Airlifted to Hadassah, Making Progress
- David Fintzi's breathing and eating support have been removed so that he's able to speak freely and to eat once again. He is now receiving physical therapy to regain movement in his burned limbs.
- Abandoned Baby Found in Jerusalem Cared for at Hadassah's Medical Adoption Unit
- Last week, the story of an abandoned baby found in Jerusalem's Old City dominated the news. The baby was brought to Hadassah's hospital on Mount Scopus, where the Medical Adoption Unit treated her and are now finding the baby a home.