Charles River Chapter of Hadassah
Welcome to the Charles River Chapter of Hadassah. We are the local Hadassah chapter serving the towns of Bellingham, Franklin, Milford, Millis, Medway, Wrentham, Hopedale, Holliston, Hopkinton, Uxbridge, Norfolk, Sherborne, and Dover, Massachusettes. Our goal is to further the mission of Hadassah. We make a difference in our communities by engaging and empowering women with exciting and rewarding programming, advocacy training, and leadership skills. We make a difference in Israel by providing the resources for spectacular achievements in medicine and education.
Join us at our next event!
- Message From the President
- Hear a message from Cindy Heilweil, Charles River Chapter President.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.