Welcome to Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah!
We love the support and participation our Diablo Valley Chapter members have shown during the first half of 2014.
Watch for email notices announcing late summer and fall activities.
Upcoming EventsScroll down - learn about upcoming events!
- Member Get-Together - Italian Colors Restaurant, Oakland (8/18/14)
Monday, August 18 .. 5-7pm Informal Member Get-Together at Italian Colors Restaurant, (Montclair Village) Oakland RSVP: August 11 to Rochelle Sklansky or general DVH email address: email@example.com
- Room at the Table (throughout the year)
- Camaraderie and Conversation, Laughter and Learning A wonderful opportunity awaits Hostesses & Guests alike. More info-Click here ...
- 2012 10 Hadassah Convention and Centennial Celebration in Jerusalem
I wish each of you had been there!! Twelve members of our Chapter were among the 1700 attendees and all the other volunteers who made this the most exciting celebration!
For the full article and images... Click Here
- Irena Sendler: Rescuer of the Children of Warsaw
By Chana Kroll
Irena Sendler, Polish Catholic Social Worker, who at the age of 29 saved 2,500 Jewish children.
- Hadassah Magazine Profile: Laila Abed Rabho
By Shoshana London Sappir
Only three miles separate Laila Abed Rabho’s home from Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, but she had to travel an extraordinary distance to get there. Abed Rabho, 55, aspired to be a schoolteacher, but the loss of her eyesight changed the course of her life, forcing her to set new goals and reinvent herself.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.