Welcome to Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah!
CONNECTING - SUPPORTING - LEARNING - DOING
We are delighted that you have reached our Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah (DVH) website. From here you will be able to read our President’s Message, learn about popular ongoing programs, and check our calendar for local events.
To learn more about our chapter, browse through the website, check out the calendar, and use the scroll bar below the calendar to get a quick glance at highlighted Upcoming Events. If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the event titles to find out more information.
Upcoming EventsScroll down - learn about upcoming events!
- HADASSAH Walk By The Bay (5/4/14)
- WALK BY THE BAY — SUNDAY, MAY 4, 10am Point Isabel Regional Shoreline • Bay Trail • Richmond ONLINE Registration
- May 2014 Mah Jongg & Lunch (5/20/14)
- Dragons, and Jokers, and Craks ... OH MY! Click here to print registration form!
- Every Beat Counts (5/29/14)
'EVERY BEAT COUNTS' - Thursday, May 29 .. Join us for an information-packed day to learn about risks, prevention and detection from eminent cardiologists and specialists in nutrition, exercise and stress reduction. More details: Read flyer $36/person-Click Online Registion: ONLINE registration through Eventbrite
- Room at the Table (throughout the year)
- Camaraderie and Conversation, Laughter and Learning A wonderful opportunity awaits Hostesses & Guests alike. More info-Click here ...
- The BUZZ - Study Groups
- Are you curious or inquisitive? Do you like a simple, easy, painless way to learn? Then perhaps you should read on and check out what’s going on here, right in your own backyard! Study Group INFO ..
- Book Group (4/17/14)
- The Brothers Emanuel by Ezehial Emanuel
- 2012 10 Hadassah Convention and Centennial Celebration in Jerusalem
I wish each of you had been there!! Twelve members of our Chapter were among the 1700 attendees and all the other volunteers who made this the most exciting celebration!
For the full article and images... Click Here
- Irena Sendler: Rescuer of the Children of Warsaw
By Chana Kroll
Irena Sendler, Polish Catholic Social Worker, who at the age of 29 saved 2,500 Jewish children.
- Hadassah Magazine Profile: Laila Abed Rabho
By Shoshana London Sappir
Only three miles separate Laila Abed Rabho’s home from Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, but she had to travel an extraordinary distance to get there. Abed Rabho, 55, aspired to be a schoolteacher, but the loss of her eyesight changed the course of her life, forcing her to set new goals and reinvent herself.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.