Welcome to Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah!
We love the support and participation our Diablo Valley Chapter members have shown during the first half of 2014.
Watch for email notices announcing late summer and fall activities.
Upcoming EventsScroll down - learn about upcoming events!
- Member Get-Together - Italian Colors Restaurant, Oakland (8/18/14)
Monday, August 18 .. 5-7pm Informal Member Get-Together at Italian Colors Restaurant, (Montclair Village) Oakland RSVP: August 11 to Rochelle Sklansky or general DVH email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room at the Table (throughout the year)
- Camaraderie and Conversation, Laughter and Learning A wonderful opportunity awaits Hostesses & Guests alike. More info-Click here ...
- 2012 10 Hadassah Convention and Centennial Celebration in Jerusalem
I wish each of you had been there!! Twelve members of our Chapter were among the 1700 attendees and all the other volunteers who made this the most exciting celebration!
For the full article and images... Click Here
- Irena Sendler: Rescuer of the Children of Warsaw
By Chana Kroll
Irena Sendler, Polish Catholic Social Worker, who at the age of 29 saved 2,500 Jewish children.
- Hadassah Magazine Profile: Laila Abed Rabho
By Shoshana London Sappir
Only three miles separate Laila Abed Rabho’s home from Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, but she had to travel an extraordinary distance to get there. Abed Rabho, 55, aspired to be a schoolteacher, but the loss of her eyesight changed the course of her life, forcing her to set new goals and reinvent herself.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!