Welcome to Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah!
CONNECTING - SUPPORTING - LEARNING - DOING
We are delighted that you have reached our Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah (DVH) website. From here you will be able to read our President’s Message, learn about popular ongoing programs, and check our calendar for local events.
To learn more about our chapter, browse through the website, and check out the calendar. If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the event titles to find out more information.
Upcoming EventsPlease read about the many exciting activities happening in Diablo Valley Chapter of Hadassah.
- 2014 Installation & Membership Mixer (3/13/14)
DIABLO VALLEY HADASSAH
2014 Leadership Team Installation & Membership Mixer
Thursday, March 13, 2014 .. from 2-4 pm
Fireside Room – Gateway Clubhouse, Rossmoor
FREE MEMBER EVENT... RSVP required by March 8
Call Pat Bergman 925-465-4552
- 2014 Study Groups Forming
2014 Study Groups are forming.
The curriculum is provided by Hadassah. Meetings are once a month day or evening.
- Dine N' Delve (2/25/14)
Dine N' Delve - Round Hill Country Club, Alamo. Phil Witte will be speaking about his book. Advanced reservations required. email@example.com
- East Bay Jewish Film Festival (3/9/2014)
The 19th Annual East Bay International
Jewish Film Festival: When Comedy Went to School
Sunday, March 9 – 5:15 pm
Century 16 Theatres, 125 Crescent Drive, Downtown Pleasant Hill
For a complete schedule of the East Bay International Jewish Film Festival and to order tickets: www.eastbayjewishfilm.org
or call the Jewish Federation of the East Bay at (510) 318-6484
- Under One Tent (10/6/13 - 3/23/14)
- Hadassah is a co-sponsor for Under One Tent, a series of events over the coming months put on by the Jewish Federation.
- Every Beat Counts (5/29/14)
- "Every Beat Counts" Education Day
- 2012 10 Hadassah Convention and Centennial Celebration in Jerusalem
I wish each of you had been there!! Twelve members of our Chapter were among the 1700 attendees and all the other volunteers who made this the most exciting celebration!
For the full article and images... Click Here
- Irena Sendler: Rescuer of the Children of Warsaw
By Chana Kroll
Irena Sendler, Polish Catholic Social Worker, who at the age of 29 saved 2,500 Jewish children.
- Hadassah Magazine Profile: Laila Abed Rabho
By Shoshana London Sappir
Only three miles separate Laila Abed Rabho’s home from Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, but she had to travel an extraordinary distance to get there. Abed Rabho, 55, aspired to be a schoolteacher, but the loss of her eyesight changed the course of her life, forcing her to set new goals and reinvent herself.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.