Welcome to the Westport, CT chapter of Hadassah!
We are a group of 700 women (and a few men – associates) residing primarily in Westport, Weston, Wilton and Fairfield who are committed to strengthening the unity of the Jewish people. Throughout the year we have educational and social programs, new member events, women in business functions, book clubs and fundraisers. From the professional woman who is seeking a connection to the Jewish community, to the new mother looking to expand her social circle and make a difference in the world, or the retiree who wants to spend her time on meaningful activities, Westport Hadassah offers something for everyone!
Fall Fundraiser: http://westport.hadassah.org/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HadassahofWestport
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.