Welcome to the Westport, CT chapter of Hadassah!
We are a group of 700 women (and a few men – associates) residing primarily in Westport, Weston, Wilton and Fairfield who are committed to strengthening the unity of the Jewish people. Throughout the year we have educational and social programs, new member events, women in business functions, book clubs and fundraisers. From the professional woman who is seeking a connection to the Jewish community, to the new mother looking to expand her social circle and make a difference in the world, or the retiree who wants to spend her time on meaningful activities, Westport Hadassah offers something for everyone!
Fall Fundraiser: http://westport.hadassah.org/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HadassahofWestport
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.