Thank you for visiting the Hadassah Action website -- we are glad you found us.
Hadassah Action is a dynamic group of young women who get together to have fun, learn, and support the many great causes of Hadassah.
Whether you are looking for a social outlet, a volunteer experience, a connection to Israel or Judaism, or a place to make a difference in the local community, you've come to the right place.
We would be delighted to meet you and welcome you to any and all of our programs.
Training Wheels -- על גלגלים
Al Galgalim (Hebrew for "on wheels") is a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah that introduces families to the joys of celebrating Shabbat and the Jewish holidays in a hands-on, pressure-free, ... (more)
2009 Babies Playgroup
Have a baby born in 2008 or 2009? Want to meet other moms with babies the same age and watch them grow together and develop friendships?
We are looking for someone to coordinate some meetings. This is a low time commitment job and is a lot of fun.
For more information or if you’re interested, please email Tzipor at email@example.com
Chocolate Affair Donors
Here is a list of merchants who generously donated items that helped make our Chocolate Affair the success it was. Please support them and let them know that you heard about them from Hadassah!
Karen Klein (email)
Martha’s Pastries: (650) 854-6207
- Training Wheels
Al Galgalim (Hebrew for "on wheels") is a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah that introduces families to the joys of celebrating Shabbat and the Jewish holidays in a hands-on, pressure-free, friendly environment.
This popular family program is inclusive and is geared to all caregivers and their families (parents or grandparents, affiliated or non-affiliated, interfaith couples and those who have already participated in the program).
Registration is now open for "Al Galgalim". There are two classes: One for young families with children ages 3-5 (Training Wheels) and a class for children ages 6-8 or K-2nd (Wheeling On).
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.