Thank you for visiting the Hadassah Action website -- we are glad you found us.
Hadassah Action is a dynamic group of young women who get together to have fun, learn, and support the many great causes of Hadassah.
Whether you are looking for a social outlet, a volunteer experience, a connection to Israel or Judaism, or a place to make a difference in the local community, you've come to the right place.
We would be delighted to meet you and welcome you to any and all of our programs.
Training Wheels -- על גלגלים
Al Galgalim (Hebrew for "on wheels") is a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah that introduces families to the joys of celebrating Shabbat and the Jewish holidays in a hands-on, pressure-free, ... (more)
2009 Babies Playgroup
Have a baby born in 2008 or 2009? Want to meet other moms with babies the same age and watch them grow together and develop friendships?
We are looking for someone to coordinate some meetings. This is a low time commitment job and is a lot of fun.
For more information or if you’re interested, please email Tzipor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chocolate Affair Donors
Here is a list of merchants who generously donated items that helped make our Chocolate Affair the success it was. Please support them and let them know that you heard about them from Hadassah!
Karen Klein (email)
Martha’s Pastries: (650) 854-6207
- Training Wheels
Al Galgalim (Hebrew for "on wheels") is a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah that introduces families to the joys of celebrating Shabbat and the Jewish holidays in a hands-on, pressure-free, friendly environment.
This popular family program is inclusive and is geared to all caregivers and their families (parents or grandparents, affiliated or non-affiliated, interfaith couples and those who have already participated in the program).
Registration is now open for "Al Galgalim". There are two classes: One for young families with children ages 3-5 (Training Wheels) and a class for children ages 6-8 or K-2nd (Wheeling On).
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.