Welcome to the Hadassah Raritan Valley Chapter
& Hadassah L'Dor V'Dor Young Women of Raritan Valley
Mazel Tov L'Dor V'Dor for winning
Join Us on Tuesday, June 14 as the Raritan Valley Chapter
visits the National Museum of American Jewish History
We will travel to the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia for a guided tour of all three floors of the museum.s core exhibition and the Only In America Gallery/Hall of Fame. We will have some free time after lunch to spend in the exhibits or to browse in the gift shop. Arrival back to NJ at approximately 5 p.m. This trip is co-sponsored by the Jewish Historical Society of Central Jersey. Cost of $50 (members), $55 (non-members) includes transportation to Philadelphia, parking, museum admission, guided tour, and kosher catered lunch.
Explore how and when Jews immigrated to America, the choices they faced, the challenges they confronted, and the ways in which they shaped, and were shaped by, their American home. Encounter people, episodes, ideas, and experiences that highlight the religious, social, political, and economic lives of American Jews. The Only in America® Gallery/Hall of Fame, an innovative combination of multimedia, original artifacts and interactive experiences, features the choices, challenges and opportunities eighteen Jewish Americans encountered on their path to remarkable achievement.
For more information please contact
Jewish Historical Society of Central Jersey, 222 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.