Welcome to the Hadassah Raritan Valley Chapter
& Hadassah L'Dor V'Dor Young Women of Raritan Valley
Mazel Tov L'Dor V'Dor for winning
Join Us on Tuesday, June 14 as the Raritan Valley Chapter
visits the National Museum of American Jewish History
We will travel to the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia for a guided tour of all three floors of the museum.s core exhibition and the Only In America Gallery/Hall of Fame. We will have some free time after lunch to spend in the exhibits or to browse in the gift shop. Arrival back to NJ at approximately 5 p.m. This trip is co-sponsored by the Jewish Historical Society of Central Jersey. Cost of $50 (members), $55 (non-members) includes transportation to Philadelphia, parking, museum admission, guided tour, and kosher catered lunch.
Explore how and when Jews immigrated to America, the choices they faced, the challenges they confronted, and the ways in which they shaped, and were shaped by, their American home. Encounter people, episodes, ideas, and experiences that highlight the religious, social, political, and economic lives of American Jews. The Only in America® Gallery/Hall of Fame, an innovative combination of multimedia, original artifacts and interactive experiences, features the choices, challenges and opportunities eighteen Jewish Americans encountered on their path to remarkable achievement.
For more information please contact
Jewish Historical Society of Central Jersey, 222 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.