Welcome to the Greater Salt Lake Chapter
Welcome to the home of the Greater Salt Lake Chapter of Hadassah. We are a dynamic and diverse group of women who share a common desire to support an organization whose mission has never been more important than it is right now.
We are a multi-generational organization: our members are mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers. We are married, we are single. We are active members of Synagogue and some are secular Jews. Hadassah women work both outside the home and from the home. We are homemakers and volunteers; independent businesswomen and retirees. Many of us are transplants to the beautiful Mountain West and some are even home-grown. We are hikers, bikers, golfers, skiiers and snowboarders. We are readers, crafters, knitters, bakers, and cooks. We enjoy networking, sharing our thoughts on Jewish culture, and the challenges of children and family.
We are fortunate to have among our members non-Jews who share a dedication to the Hadassah mission. While Hadassah is a Women’s Zionist Organization, we also are fortunate to count as members a number of men who form our group of Associate Members.
We invite you to take a few minutes to browse our site and learn more about our leadership, events, projects, and about Hadassah overall. We hope to see you at one of our next events and would be proud to count you as one of our members.
- Solidarity with Israel
- In order to show solidarity with the people of Israel— particularly the residents of southern Israel who have been under the constant threat of attack—The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations has created a Solidarity with Israel Letter to be sent to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Shimon Peres.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.