Welcome to Hadassah of Greater Albuquerque
Most of our notices go out only by email so please let those without email know what will be happening. All of our events are open to members, associates and guests.
Evening Interest Group
Dinner (Optional) and a Show – Any interested parties (not just Hadassah members) are welcome to join us for the evening.
Mahvelous Schmavelous – A Tribute to Great American Jewish Composers
Saturday, July 19, 2014
Dinner: 5:30 pm at Tim’s Place [8050 Academy Rd NE #101, Albuquerque, NM 87111]
Show: 7:30 at the JCC
Cost: $18 (prepaid tickets) + $5 (fun fee) + $? (dinner). Make check out to Hadassah for $23.
Important: We have spaces reserved for Hadassah. Your RSVP is an obligation to pay. RSVP to Janet Ehrlich by Wednesday, July 16.Rckymthi5@aol.com or 505-238-1590. Make arrangements with Janet for how and when to pay.
TUESDAY LUNCHEON GROUP
The Tuesday Luncheon Group taking the summer off. We hope to see everyone again in August. We want to thank everyone who has supported us this past year.
We are looking for someone to be our Bulletin chairperson. You can decide if you want to do a bulletin 1,2, or 3 times a year and what the content will be. This is not a board position and you would not be required to attend board meetings. Guidance given.
Jana Druxman- 898-4057
Jan Secunda- 299-7321
Debbie Seely- 292-4286
We need someone to become the chapter fundraising Chairperson. This is an important position as we are a fundraising organization. Hadassah provides a lot of materials and support in this position.
Jana Druxman- 898-4257
Jan Secunda- 299-7321
Debbie Seely- 292-4286
Bears & Blankies Mitzvah Group, Dvora Bears for the abused
The next bear making session will be on Tuesday, June 24th, at the home of Gerry Kipper. If you would like to attend PLEASE let Gerry know, 856-4097. If you would like to bring something for lunch please let Gerry know. If you don't call and let Gerry know then we do not know to call you when bears has to be canceled.
Bears & Blankets is a mitzvah group of Hadassah ladies who get together once a month to make bears and blankets for those children who are caught in the misery of the domestic violence that happens too often. The women meet at the home of Gerry Kipper and all materials (and lunch!) are donated. To date, the group has created approximately 70 blankets and over 180 bears.
For more information on this group hit reply or contact Fran Luftschein at 856-1526 or by email at email@example.com.
If you move, change your phone number or change your email address please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.