Welcome to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Chapter website!
Dear Hadassah Members,
See Featured Pages below for the November issue of "Hadassah Happenings". We hope you will join us at our upcoming programs and events!
As our Centennial Year Celebration is winding down, there is a short time to make that special someone a life member of Hadassah for $212. This offer will only be around until December 31, and then Life Membership will be $360. What a great Chanukah present!
Our new Sara Wetsman Davidson Tower in Jerusalem was dedicated during our Convention last month and below in Featured Pages is our National President, Marci Natan's account of Hadassah's extraordinary Centennial Convention.
Many members have expressed the desire to help those in need after Hurricane Sandy. Below is Hadassah's response from Marci Natan explaining how you can make a donation.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.