WELCOME TO THE DESERT-MOUNTAIN REGION
Celebrate Purim with Hadassah!
2014 CONVENTION NEWS
LasVegas, July 21-23, 2014, Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
You won't want to miss these special guest speakers:
Bret Stephens, Pulitzer Prize-winning Wall Street Journal editor
Ari Shavit, author of the highly acclaimed My Promised Land
Daniel Silva #1 New York Times best-selling author
Jamie Gangel NBC Today Show national correspondent
Recipients of the 2014 Henrietta Szold Award: Israel Defense Forces Special First Responders Unit. Accepting on their behalf, distinguished members of the unit, Hadassah Profs. Avi Rivkind and Dan Engelhard To receive registration details, go to
Hadassah, in conjunction with the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute (HBI) presents:
A Book & Author Experience
Jerusalem Maiden: A Novel
by Talia Carner
Click here for more information!
Now taking nominations!
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.