Welcome to the Connecticut Region of Hadassah's web site!
Barbara Spack, National Marketing and Communications Chair, Mandy Tolson, President Greater Newtown Danbury Chapter, Newtown First Selectman Patricia LLodra, Miriam Aron, National Hadassah JNF Co-Chair, Connie Cirillo Freeman, President CT Region, Jodi Maxner, CoChair Stamford Chapter Tea@2 Committee and Chapter Advisor – presentation of certificates of groves of trees planted in Sandy Hook Elementary School Grove of Trees, Hadassah Forest in BeerSheva River Park in Israel.
at Tea for Newton municipal workers and first responders at Newtown Municipal Center, February 13, 2013- given by Stamford Chapter Tea@2 Committee with Greater Newtown Danbury volunteers.
View photos of 2012 award winning chapters
from Greater Hartford's Chai Tea featuring
Hadassah National President Marcie Natan
CT Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman
at the Connecticut Historical Society
to read the
Hadassah International eBulletin
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.