Welcome to the Newtown Group!
The Newtown unit of Hadassah, founded in 1987, has approximately 900 members throughout Bucks County, PA. We are comprised of our Daygroup, The Connection, which meets in the evenings or on Sundays, Ann’s Choice, and our Single Sisters sub- groups. Our mission is to meet the needs of our demographics, through education on Jewish and topics related to Israel, workshops, study groups, book clubs, social events, couples events, playing Mah Jongg, and much, much, more. We have something for everyone...our fund-raising projects support the Hadassah projects in Israel.
In addition to supporting the National and International efforts of National Hadassah, our Group is active in the local Jewish and secular communities. We are proud to be part of Hadassah of Greater Philadelphia.
Please join us and make a difference.
Sheila Levinsky and Paula Mann Co-Presidents of Newtown Hadassah
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.