Welcome to the Newtown Group!
The Newtown unit of Hadassah, founded in 1987, has approximately 900 members throughout Bucks County, PA. We are comprised of our Daygroup, The Connection, which meets in the evenings or on Sundays, Ann’s Choice, and our Single Sisters sub- groups. Our mission is to meet the needs of our demographics, through education on Jewish and topics related to Israel, workshops, study groups, book clubs, social events, couples events, playing Mah Jongg, and much, much, more. We have something for everyone...our fund-raising projects support the Hadassah projects in Israel.
In addition to supporting the National and International efforts of National Hadassah, our Group is active in the local Jewish and secular communities. We are proud to be part of Hadassah of Greater Philadelphia.
Please join us and make a difference.
Sheila Levinsky and Paula Mann Co-Presidents of Newtown Hadassah
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!