Welcome to the Newtown Group!
The Newtown unit of Hadassah, founded in 1987, has approximately 900 members throughout Bucks County, PA. We are comprised of our Daygroup, The Connection, which meets in the evenings or on Sundays, Ann’s Choice, and our Single Sisters sub- groups. Our mission is to meet the needs of our demographics, through education on Jewish and topics related to Israel, workshops, study groups, book clubs, social events, couples events, playing Mah Jongg, and much, much, more. We have something for everyone...our fund-raising projects support the Hadassah projects in Israel.
In addition to supporting the National and International efforts of National Hadassah, our Group is active in the local Jewish and secular communities. We are proud to be part of Hadassah of Greater Philadelphia.
Please join us and make a difference.
Sheila Levinsky and Paula Mann Co-Presidents of Newtown Hadassah
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.