Greater Atlanta Hadassah
Greater Atlanta Hadassah (GAH), the metro Atlanta chapter of Hadassah, has existed for 98 years! Founded in 1916, the Greater Atlanta Hadassah chapter is comprised of 3,583 members and associates (92% are life members) who come together to raise funds in support of Hadassah's projects in
Rosh Hashanah 5775 is just around the corner! The holiday begins Wednesday evening, September 24, 2014. Be prepared for the High Holidays with Hadassah cards. Several of GAH Hadassah groups are selling Holiday cards. Contact your card chair or order any of the four Hadassah Rosh Hashanah cards that the Mt. Scopus Group and Metulla are selling. View the card selection and download the Mt. Scopus order form or the Metulla order form. Don’t delay. Orders are due by August 15th!
Greater Atlanta Hadassah is now participating in the Honey From The Heart Fundraiser. A gift of 100% sweet clover honey for Rosh Hashanah is a great way to share sweet greetings with your family, friends and business associates. As a participant in this fundraiser, we will share in the profits generated by your purchases at the on-line GAH Honey Store. Cost is $10 per jar. Order by July 21, 2014 to avoid a $4 shipping fee. For more information, please download the flyer or contact Karen Miller, 770-455-0843 or email@example.com.
Attention Hadassah Associates: We are updating our Membership database and want to make sure that we have your correct contact information. Please e-mail your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death for women in the United States. But fully 82% of heart disease is preventable. Adopting a heart healthy lifestyle is the first important step. Read about how we are raising awareness.
GAH Featured Programs Scroll
Making A Difference - Greater Atlanta Hadassah News and Events June/July 2014
- Training Wheels/Al Galgalim, a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah, lets parents and children (ages 3-5) become partners in discovering the joys of being Jewish. Registration is open for sessions starting in August 2014. The topic for the August 24, 2014 session is Rosh Hashanah. Grandparents welcome too!
- Lights! Camera! Action! Join us for another wonderful film during our FAB FILM FEST in 2014. July 13, 2014 - Sunday matinee at 1:15 p.m. $12.00 person. Showing at the home of Kerri & Jeff Snow, 1118 Houston Mill Road, 30329 (located at the corner of Adelia Place & Houston Mill). "Language of the Enemy" - While attending his father's funeral in Israel, American businessman, Romi Meir (Eion Bailey) signs on for an undercover assignment with the Israeli Secret Service and gets pulled into the ongoing conflict between the Arabs and Israelis. The film is in English and is a romance. Wine and cheese kosher refreshments will be served and a discussion will follow. Kindly RSVP by July 9 to Edie Barr, email@example.com or 404-325-0340.
- Please visit the GAH Marketplace to support Greater Atlanta Hadassah chapter and Metulla Group fundraising efforts. The following individuals and businesses have graciously offered to donate a portion of the proceeds earned thru Hadassah member patronage back to Hadassah: Honey from the Heart fundraiser, Galia Sabbag - author of the Shira Series, Fresh Florida Fruit, Kosher Gift Box, Go to Baby the Jewish Web Store, Ellen Sichel of Custom Calm, Meg Fisher of Elite Tallit, Kiwi Publishing, Fuego Mundo restaurant, Parkway Gold, and www.goodsearch.com. We thank them all for helping us support the work of Hadassah!
- STUDY GROUP OF GAH - Jews from Arab Lands: The GAH Study Group is studying Jews from Arab lands.
When: Friday mornings, monthly from 10:30 AM-12:30 PM.
Where: GAH office
Next meeting: August 22, 2014
Topic: The Jews of Iraq
Presenter: Katie Kloder
This will be an on-going group and we are currently able to accept a limited number of participants. Participants should expect to attend on a fairly regular basis and to eventually volunteer to lead a meeting. If you are interested in joining, and participating in, the monthly meetings of the GAH Study Group, please contact Sybil Ginsburg, Chair of Study Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-270-5789.
- A Word from Lee Tanenbaum, GAH Webmaster: There have been 4500 pages viewed on the Greater Atlanta Hadassah website between 15/11/2014 and 7/9/2014. We hope you are one of GAH's frequent web visitors. If you are, you will notice lots of new content on the site. Please bookmark http://www.hadassah.org/atlanta and visit frequently. Send any edits, additions, or ideas to me at LRTanny@gmail.com or contact me at 678-310-0873. It is a pleasure to serve as the GAH Webmaster.
- The "2013 Opportunities for Giving: A Compendium of Information for Hadassah Members, Leaders, and the Curious" is now available online. To help organize the different opportunities for giving programs in effect for 2013, the SE Region of Hadassah has designed this Compendium to summarize the programs, to indicate where you can find more information and provide links when possible, to answer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about popular programs, and even provide modifiable promotional information to make it easier to move ahead with opportunities for giving programs.
- Over 70 Hadassah members and Associates from the Southeastern Region visited Israel in October 2012 for the national Hadassah Convention. Watch this slideshow for a glimpse of the fun had by all.
- Stand with Israel. What can you do?
- Support Israel! Know the Facts! Spread the Word!
- Visit the National Action Center to see what you can do to advocate for Israel.
- Read Hadassah's letter to its membership
- Donate Now to Hadassah's Emergency Fund
- Impact of Crisis in Israel November 2012
- A brand-new Hadassah Centennial Documentary recently aired on JLTV (Jewish Life TV). If you missed it, you can now watch it online here
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.