Greater Atlanta Hadassah
Greater Atlanta Hadassah (GAH), the metro Atlanta chapter of Hadassah, has existed for 98 years! Founded in 1916, the Greater Atlanta Hadassah chapter is comprised of 3,583 members and associates (92% are life members) who come together to raise funds in support of Hadassah's projects in
Don’t miss this year’s “No-Show” Ball Fundraiser. The event is virtual, but the need is real. Please support Hadassah and return your “RSVP” card with your contribution. If you need an additional copy of the No Show Ball “invitation” or if you would like to make your contribution by credit card over the phone, please call the Hadassah office at 678-443-2961.
Rosh Hashanah 5775 is just around the corner! The holiday begins Wednesday evening, September 24, 2014. Be prepared for the High Holidays with Hadassah cards. Several of GAH Hadassah groups are selling Holiday cards. Contact your card chair or order any of the four Hadassah Rosh Hashanah cards that the Mt. Scopus Group and Metulla are selling. View the card selection and download the Mt. Scopus order form or the Metulla order form. Don’t delay. Orders are due by August 15th! For your convenience, we also keep a limited supply of Rosh Hashanah cards at the Hadassah office. Please call the office at 678-443-2961 to inquire.
Greater Atlanta Hadassah is now participating in the Honey From The Heart Fundraiser. A gift of 100% sweet clover honey for Rosh Hashanah is a great way to share sweet greetings with your family, friends and business associates. As a participant in this fundraiser, we will share in the profits generated by your purchases at the on-line GAH Honey Store. Cost is $10 per jar plus a $4 shipping fee for first class shipping to ensure delivery in time for Rosh Hashanah. For more information, please download the flyer or contact Karen Miller, 770-455-0843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention Hadassah Associates: We are updating our Membership database and want to make sure that we have your correct contact information. Please e-mail your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to email@example.com.
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death for women in the United States. But fully 82% of heart disease is preventable. Adopting a heart healthy lifestyle is the first important step. Read about how we are raising awareness.
GAH Featured Programs Scroll
Making A Difference - Greater Atlanta Hadassah News and Events August 2014
- Join the Hadassah sponsored Nurses' CEU and Physicians’ CME in Jerusalem, November 2-6, 2014. All are welcome. Show your support of Israel with “sandals on the ground.” Click HERE for all the details.
- Join the Community Mitzvah Day for Israel – Sunday, August 17, 2014 – from 10:00 AM – Noon at the Atlanta Jewish Academy (formerly Greenfield Hebrew Academy), 5200 Northland Drive NE, Atlanta, 30342. Greater Atlanta Hadassah is a Community Sponsor of this event. Bring the whole family to do a mitzvah and lend support for Israel. Attendees will create cards for wounded Israeli soldiers; write letters in a Torah for Israel; assemble care packages for the soldiers; join in a prayer for the soldiers; take part in the Tefillin Station; participate in a children’s rally for Israel; and so much more. More details>>.
- STUDY GROUP OF GAH - Jews from Arab Lands: The GAH Study Group continues to study Jews in Arab Lands. We meet on Friday mornings from 10:30 AM-12 noon, once a month, at the GAH office. Thus far, we have all learned about the history—often tragic, but also full of courageous acts—of the Jews of Morocco and the Jews of Iraq. Our discussions are led by one of the members and are thought provoking and very lively. (We also have great snacks and shmoozing!) We are still accepting new participants. The next meeting will be on Friday, August 22, when the group will learn about the Jews of Algeria. If you are interested in joining, please E-mail Sybil Ginsburg, GAH Study Group Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Wheels/Al Galgalim, a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah, lets parents and children (ages 3-5) become partners in discovering the joys of being Jewish. Registration is open for sessions starting in August 2014. The topic for the August 24, 2014 session is Rosh Hashanah. Grandparents welcome too!
- Gift of Chai Drive – Blood Stem Cell and Bone Marrow Donor Registry Drive on Sunday, August 24, 2014, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the MJCCA, 5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody. The Hebrew Order of David (International) is sponsoring the Gift of Chai Drive in partnership with JScreen genetic screening and the Gift of Life stem cell & bone marrow donor registry. Plan for your family’s healthy future and be a life-saving match for someone in need at the same Drive. JScreen helps you plan ahead for your future children’s health with a simple genetic screening test on saliva (no blood draws!). Screen for 19 Jewish diseases, plus 63 others common in the general population. To get more information and to pre-register for a JScreen kit, go to www.jscreen.org/reg/giftofchai. For additional info, contact Steve Kaufman at 770-597-2066 or email@example.com.
- Please visit the GAH Marketplace to support Greater Atlanta Hadassah chapter and Metulla Group fundraising efforts. The following individuals and businesses have graciously offered to donate a portion of the proceeds earned thru Hadassah member patronage back to Hadassah: Honey from the Heart fundraiser, Galia Sabbag - author of the Shira Series, Fresh Florida Fruit, Kosher Gift Box, Go to Baby the Jewish Web Store, Ellen Sichel of Custom Calm, Meg Fisher of Elite Tallit, Kiwi Publishing, Parkway Gold, and www.goodsearch.com. We thank them all for helping us support the work of Hadassah!
- A Word from Lee Tanenbaum, GAH Webmaster: There have been 6331 pages viewed on the Greater Atlanta Hadassah website between 6/11/2014 and 8/9/2014. We hope you are one of GAH's frequent web visitors. If you are, you will notice lots of new content on the site. Please bookmark http://www.hadassah.org/atlanta and visit frequently. Send any edits, additions, or ideas to me at LRTanny@gmail.com or contact me at 678-310-0873. It is a pleasure to serve as the GAH Webmaster.
- The "2013 Opportunities for Giving: A Compendium of Information for Hadassah Members, Leaders, and the Curious" is now available online. To help organize the different opportunities for giving programs in effect for 2013, the SE Region of Hadassah has designed this Compendium to summarize the programs, to indicate where you can find more information and provide links when possible, to answer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about popular programs, and even provide modifiable promotional information to make it easier to move ahead with opportunities for giving programs.
- Over 70 Hadassah members and Associates from the Southeastern Region visited Israel in October 2012 for the national Hadassah Convention. Watch this slideshow for a glimpse of the fun had by all.
- Stand with Israel. What can you do?
- Support Israel! Know the Facts! Spread the Word!
- Visit the National Action Center to see what you can do to advocate for Israel.
- Read Hadassah's letter to its membership
- Donate Now to Hadassah's Emergency Fund
- Impact of Crisis in Israel November 2012
- A brand-new Hadassah Centennial Documentary recently aired on JLTV (Jewish Life TV). If you missed it, you can now watch it online here
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!