Greater Atlanta Hadassah
Greater Atlanta Hadassah (GAH), the metro Atlanta chapter of Hadassah, has existed for 98 years! Founded in 1916, the Greater Atlanta Hadassah chapter is comprised of 3,583 members and associates (92% are life members) who come together to raise funds in support of Hadassah's projects in
Announcing the $1 Million Match! Now is the time to give to the Tower! Generous donors will match your donation to the Sarah Wetsman Davidson Hospital Tower, dollar for dollar —but only until December 31, 2014. A Million Reasons to Give. Hadassah Medical Organization treats one million patients a year, without regard to race, religion or nationality. One million men, women and children who receive superlative patient care. But we need to complete the Tower’s state-of-the-art Operating Rooms. For more information or to make a donation.
Save the date: Saturday, February 28, 2015
Tickets for Breast Strokes, Hadassah Bares All for A.R.T. (Awareness, Research & Treatment), GALA & AUCTION are NOW available for purchase online by credit card.
Buy Tickets Here and/or Make a Contribution
An innovative A.R.T. Gala and Auction to support Hadassah Medical Organization’s Life-Saving Breast Cancer Research and to celebrate 20 years of our successful Check It Out! ® Breast Health Program in Atlanta. Become A Sponsor. Look for more information in our e-newsletters and visit the Breast Strokes webpage. Update: Press Release (ATLANTA, Dec. 1, 2014)
Attention Hadassah Associates: We are updating our Membership database and want to make sure that we have your correct contact information. Please e-mail your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to email@example.com.
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death for women in the United States. But fully 82% of heart disease is preventable. Adopting a heart healthy lifestyle is the first important step. Read about how we are raising awareness.
GAH Featured Programs Scroll
Greater Atlanta Hadassah News and Events December 2014 - January 2015
- Thoughout the year, we will be having special programming for our younger members. To learn more about these opportunities when they become available, visit our Hadassah Atlanta Young Women’s Facebook page.
- STUDY GROUP OF GAH - Jews from Arab Lands: The GAH Study Group continues to study Jews in Arab Lands. We meet on Friday mornings from 10:30 AM-12 noon, once a month, at the GAH office. Thus far, we have all learned about the history—often tragic, but also full of courageous acts—of the Jews of Morocco, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, and Iran. Our discussions are led by one of the members and are thought provoking and very lively. (We also have great snacks and shmoozing!) We are still accepting new participants. The next meeting will be on Friday, January 23, 2015. If you are interested in joining, please E-mail Sybil Ginsburg, GAH Study Group Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Date: A Decorating BRA-nanza - Join us to decorate bras and get ready for the Breast Strokes event. We’ll provide the decorations, you provide the bra.
Sunday, January 25, 2015 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. The place will be announced soon. Please keep an eye out for an invitation in early January.
- Training Wheels/Al Galgalim, a Jewish family education program created by Hadassah, lets parents and children (ages 3-5) become partners in discovering the joys of being Jewish. Registration is still open for sessions. The topic for the next session (January 25 from 1:30-3:30 PM) is Tu B’Shevat. Grandparents welcome too!
- Please visit the GAH Marketplace to support Greater Atlanta Hadassah chapter and Metulla Group fundraising efforts. The following individuals and businesses have graciously offered to donate a portion of the proceeds earned thru Hadassah member patronage back to Hadassah: Honey from the Heart fundraiser, Galia Sabbag - author of the Shira Series, Fresh Florida Fruit, Kosher Gift Box, Go to Baby the Jewish Web Store, Ellen Sichel of Custom Calm, Meg Fisher of Elite Tallit, Kiwi Publishing, Parkway Gold, and www.goodsearch.com. We thank them all for helping us support the work of Hadassah!
- A Word from Lee Tanenbaum, GAH Webmaster: There have been 6331 pages viewed on the Greater Atlanta Hadassah website between 6/11/2014 and 8/9/2014. We hope you are one of GAH's frequent web visitors. If you are, you will notice lots of new content on the site. Please bookmark http://www.hadassah.org/atlanta and visit frequently. Send any edits, additions, or ideas to me at LRTanny@gmail.com or contact me at 678-310-0873. It is a pleasure to serve as the GAH Webmaster.
- The "2013 Opportunities for Giving: A Compendium of Information for Hadassah Members, Leaders, and the Curious" is now available online. To help organize the different opportunities for giving programs in effect for 2013, the SE Region of Hadassah has designed this Compendium to summarize the programs, to indicate where you can find more information and provide links when possible, to answer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about popular programs, and even provide modifiable promotional information to make it easier to move ahead with opportunities for giving programs.
- Over 70 Hadassah members and Associates from the Southeastern Region visited Israel in October 2012 for the national Hadassah Convention. Watch this slideshow for a glimpse of the fun had by all.
- Stand with Israel. What can you do?
- Support Israel! Know the Facts! Spread the Word!
- Visit the National Action Center to see what you can do to advocate for Israel.
- Read Hadassah's letter to its membership
- Donate Now to Hadassah's Emergency Fund
- Impact of Crisis in Israel November 2012
- A brand-new Hadassah Centennial Documentary recently aired on JLTV (Jewish Life TV). If you missed it, you can now watch it online here
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!