Welcome to the Orlando Chapter!
We are delighted that you have reached our chapter website, we offer a variety of community service and fundraising projects
From here you will be able to read our President’s Message, learn about popular ongoing events and find out when our next meeting is.
To Contact our presidents: Please refer to our contact us page
We offer daytime and evening events, come join us!
For General questions, send an email to email@example.com
Orlando Hadassah Presents The Magic of Carol Stein and Carla DelVillaggio
The Orlando Chapter of Hadassah opens their 2014-2015 season on Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM at Congregation Ohev Shalom with a luncheon and an exciting musical treat.
“The Piano Lady“ Carol Stein partners with “Barbra Streisand Tribute Artist” Carla DelVillaggio in an afternoon of musical magic. The duo is sure to cast a spell over all who attend with their performance of show tunes featuring Jewish composers.
Carol Stein, a member of Orlando Hadassah, is that rarity—a Florida native. Born in Miami, she resides here in the Orlando area. She began her piano studies at the age of four and continued on to receive her master’s degree from The University of Florida.
Her travels as a musician have spanned the globe performing all over Europe, Asia, and the USA in such places as the Montreux Palace in Switzerland, The Bayerischerhof in Munich, The Oasis Lounge in Hong Kong to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
She has been a member of several musical groups including the “Prime Time Jazz Quartet”, “The Mickey Finn Orchestra” and “The Carol Stein Quartet. She has been the guest solo artist with the Space Coast Pops Orchestra under the direction of Maestro Richard Hayman performing her own compositions and orchestral arrangements
Carol enjoys composing and spontaneous arranging of pieces during a live performance. She may take a child’s melody and turn it “inside-out” in the style of Mozart, and then into a bossa nova, and end up with a Duke Ellington swing. She always likes to add a special touch to each piece she plays, which is one reason she enjoys singing and playing as a solo pianist. However, the delight of performing with a group and the “magic” that occurs when musicians create a sound together is why Carol adores performing with her jazz band “Carol Stein & Friends!”
Carol has recorded four solo albums and can be seen performing at The Rose and Crown Pub at Epcot in Walt Disney World. Jazz enthusiasts can find her performing throughout Central Florida.
Ms. DelVillaggio has two distinct personalities. One is a charming, yet unassuming woman who talks quietly about her musical background and her recent musical exploits. The other is an exciting, dynamic entertainer who has been thrilling audiences with her show, “Then and Now...A Tribute to the Artistry of Barbra Streisand,” a musical tour de force honoring the legendary entertainer.
Ms. DelVillaggio is a critically acclaimed lyric soprano. Her voice is rich and fiery and she is
celebrated for her superb interpretations of leading roles in opera. She is a consummate actress and a natural comedienne with impeccable comic timing. Her stage presence is powerful, and expressive.
“In those days, I would never consider singing anything but opera,” says Carla, who has also sung with the Orlando Opera Company. “But I always loved Barbra Streisand.”
About five years ago she and her then fiancée (now husband) went to a karaoke club, where Paul got up and sang a song. He then encouraged Carla to sing. “I wasn’t singing popular music at that time, but I reluctantly picked a Streisand song,” remembers Carla.
The audience went crazy. “You look like her! You sound like her!” was the unanimous reaction. Paul, knowing a good thing when he saw it, told Carla, “You’ve got to do something with this.” Carla was already busy working at Valencia Community College and Rollins College, teaching both voice and music classes. But Paul persevered and eventually her wildly successful show “Then and Now...A Tribute to the Artistry of Barbra Streisand,” emerged onto the scene, becoming a musical tour de force honoring the legendary entertainer.
The Orlando Chapter of Hadassah invites you to join us for lunch and this remarkable performance
on Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM at Congregation Ohev Shalom.
Reservation are required:
RSVP To Nancy Greenfield
Nancyg357@yahoo.com or call 407-333-0204
*Regarding Reservations, Please note that if you RSVP
but do not cancel by Sunday August 31st. Your couvert will still be due
Read stories about our research and patient care than we can bring you in a newsletter. You can access it anytime on www.hadassah.org/hmedicine
Find Hadassah on facebook at www.facebook.com/hadassahorg.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!