Citrus Ginger Honey Glazed Salmon with Whole Grain Rice and Sugar Snap Peas
Makes 4 Servings
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (peeled, grated) or 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced) or 1 tsp jarred, minced garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp fresh or jarred lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil (or 6-8 leaves) chopped or basil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless salmon (cut into 4 - 4 oz. filets)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 8 lemons (thinly sliced)
- aluminum foil
Total Fat: 6.0 g
Saturated Fat: 1.0 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2.0 g
Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 158 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 20 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 27 g
- Preheat oven to 450° F. In a large bowl, combine ginger, garlic, vegetable oil, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and basil and add fish. Marinate in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to instructions on package, excluding any salt or oil.
- Cut 8 pieces of aluminum foil; wide enough to fit one piece of salmon and ½ cup of snap peas.
- Remove fish from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Arrange lemon slices on top and bottom of fish filet. Place one fish filet and half of snap peas together on one piece of parchment. Cover with another piece of foil and tightly fold together top and bottom edges of foil to create a seal to the steaming pouch. Repeat for second portion. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Carefully cut open pouch and remove contents. Put salmon and snap peas over rice and serve.
Every Bite Counts Library
Our Every Bite Count food guru Shannon Sarna dishes up tips for finding balance between holiday...EXPLORE ›
Passover is behind us, and spring has truly sprung. Hopefully your bulbs have bloomed, the...EXPLORE ›
Hadassah food guru Shannon Sarna adds a splash of color and some healthy tweaks to the Seder soup...EXPLORE ›
This month, 31 hospital chef teams competed in the Ministry of Health's Competition for Delicious...EXPLORE ›