Makes 6 Servings
- ⅓ cup dried, unsweetened cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp hulled, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 red or green apples, cored and thinly sliced into about 12 pieces each
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup reduced-fat, smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
Total Fat: 7.4 g
Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 3.4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 66 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 22 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 15 g
Protein: 4 g
- In a small bowl, combine dried cranberries/ raisins, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Core each apple and thinly slice into about 12 pieces each. Layer half the apples onto a large plate or platter. If the apple slices will be sitting out for a while, sprinkle a little lemon juice over them to prevent browning.
- Using the microwave or a teapot, bring 2 tablespoons water to a boil. In a small bowl, combine hot water, peanut butter, and honey. Use a spoon and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Use the spoon to drizzle half the peanut butter mixture over the plated apple slices; sprinkle with half the cranberry mixture. Layer the remaining apples on top and repeat with remaining peanut butter and cranberry mixture. Serve.
Every Bite Counts Library
Our Every Bite Count food guru Shannon Sarna dishes up tips for finding balance between holiday...EXPLORE ›
Passover is behind us, and spring has truly sprung. Hopefully your bulbs have bloomed, the...EXPLORE ›
Hadassah food guru Shannon Sarna adds a splash of color and some healthy tweaks to the Seder soup...EXPLORE ›
This month, 31 hospital chef teams competed in the Ministry of Health's Competition for Delicious...EXPLORE ›