- burdensome and needless regulations on reproductive health centers aimed to force clinic closures.
- added regulations on the handling of fetal remains that unnecessarily differentiatereproductive health care from other medical protocols.
- preventive health and family planning funding restrictions that force service providersand other health organizations—in the United States and around the world—to choosebetween providing comprehensive health education and the essential financial supportneeded to care for all of their patients.
In order to ensure the constitutional right to safe and legal reproductive health services and support women’s preventive and reproductive health internationally, Hadassah calls upon:
- Municipal, state, and federal governments to oppose restrictions on access toreproductive health services and to support legislation that will ensure quality,comprehensive reproductive care throughout the United States.
- Congress to repeal the Hyde Amendment, which prevents low-income women fromhaving complete access to abortion coverage, and the Helms Amendment, which preventsforeign aid from being used for abortion as a method of family planning.
- The president and executive branch agencies to reevaluate recently instituted rules andorders that jeopardize access to essential preventive health services at home and abroad.
Hadassah urges all units to educate and mobilize their members and communities in support of reproductive rights, including joining in coalitions with other freedom of choice advocacy groups.