Promoting Healthy Living in the US
Did you know? Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women in the United States. Ashkenazi Jews have a greater risk of getting breast cancer than the general population. Hadassah is dedicated to helping American women lead healthier lives, educating women about these diseases, and advocating at every level of government on issues that affect women’s health.
Protect Your Heart
We are teaching women from coast to coast how to live heart healthy lives with disease awareness and healthy eating.Download our Fact Card ›
82% of heart disease is preventable. Prevention begins with YOU!
- Empower Yourself. Be an Advocate. Take Action.
- Learn more about risk factors and warning signs
- Use Hadassah tools and resources to help you live a heart healthy life.
HMO: Major Breakthroughs
- 2010 — 1st for Israel, 5th time in the world: twins delivered to mother with heart transplant
- 2012 — The Linda Joy Pollin Cardiovascular Wellness Institute in Jerusalem is dedicated by Irene Pollin to promote heart health in women
Every Bite Counts
Join the push for heart health with Every Bite Counts: Hadassah's Nutrition Program, bringing innovative recipes, practical tips, and heart healthy cooking.Visit the Every Bite Counts homepage ›