Makes 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp hulled, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 red or green apples, cored and thinly sliced into about 12 pieces each
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat, smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
Total Fat: 7.4 g
Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 3.4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 66 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 22 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 15 g
Protein: 4 g
- In a small bowl, combine dried cranberries/ raisins, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Core each apple and thinly slice into about 12 pieces each. Layer half the apples onto a large plate or platter. If the apple slices will be sitting out for a while, sprinkle a little lemon juice over them to prevent browning.
- Using the microwave or a teapot, bring 2 tablespoons water to a boil. In a small bowl, combine hot water, peanut butter, and honey. Use a spoon and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Use the spoon to drizzle half the peanut butter mixture over the plated apple slices; sprinkle with half the cranberry mixture. Layer the remaining apples on top and repeat with remaining peanut butter and cranberry mixture. Serve.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association
Every Bite Counts Library
Not only are these recipes heart-friendly, they’re also simple to prepare. Check them out here...EXPLORE ›
Satisfying, it’s a snap to make!EXPLORE ›
Enjoy this fun, filling take on stuffed mushrooms.EXPLORE ›
Our Every Bite Count food guru Shannon Sarna dishes up tips for finding balance between holiday...EXPLORE ›
Passover is behind us, and spring has truly sprung. Hopefully your bulbs have bloomed, the...EXPLORE ›