After swallowing 11 times the maximum dosage of children’s Advil for his age, a baby named Yossi lost consciousness.
Yossi was brought to Hadassah Hospital Mount Scopus’ pediatric emergency room, where Director Dr. David Rekhtman and Hadassah’s medical team saved his life.
"The pills,” explains Dr. Yackov Berkun, head of Pediatrics at Hadassah Mt. Scopus, “were designed to look like candies-- colorful and also sweet.”
Yossi’s father recalls: "From the staff's quick reaction to the emergency rescue teams, everyone was great. It's very scary to see your child with dropping oxygen levels and to see him lose consciousness. It's inspiring to see how these experts did exactly what was necessary to stop the deterioration and save him."