Welcome to this brand-new edition of Hadassah@Home, our email detailing ways you can connect with Hadassah from the safety and comfort of your own home.
On our Facebook page, members have been sharing the beautiful, creative ways they plan to commemorate Passover this year. This is an uplifting example of how Hadassah women meet adversity with ingenuity. For more inspiring words on how the holiday offers us an opportunity to come together in spirit and celebrate our resiliency and courage, read this powerful Passover message from National President Rhoda Smolow.
In that same celebration of community, we are happy to offer you these online engagement opportunities for the next two weeks. Please note that due to the Passover holiday, we'll be on hiatus next week. But don't worry — Hadassah@Home will be back on Wednesday April 22.
Ways to Connect: What’s Ahead
- Combat stress: Sign up for an exclusive conference call, "Building Emotional Resilience through the COVID-19 Crisis: Hear from a Hadassah Hospital Trauma Expert," on Monday, April 13, 10:00-11:00 am EDT. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the call.
- Find balance: Watch our new online series, "Resilience & Relaxation with Rebecca," led by Rabbi Rebecca W. Sirbu, Hadassah's Director of Member & Unit Services, Tuesdays at 4:00 pm EDT and, following the Passover holiday, also on Thursdays at 1:30 pm EDT. (Please note, Tuesday and Thursday sessions have separate registration links.)
- Watch: Virtual Community Gathering: Israel's Response to the Coronavirus featuring Prof. Ran Nir-Paz, Infectious Disease Physician..
- Never forget: Join a Hadassah Yom Hashoah Gathering with National President Rhoda Smolow and Executive Director/CEO Janice Weinman on Tuesday, April 21, at 11:30-11:45 am EDT
- Engage your mind: Register for "Together & Apart: The Future of Jewish Peoplehood" a free online course from Hadassah and the Hartman Institute, led by Rabbi Lauren Berkman, on Tuesdays 12:00-1:30 pm EDT, April 21-June 23. Order the curriculum now, free of charge. (When registering, where it asks for "Synagogue/Organization," list your Hadassah geographic area.)
- Learn to teach: Become a Hadassah & Hartman online class facilitator through training webinars on April 13 at 12:00 pm EDT and again April 20 at 3:00 pm EDT.
- Celebrate Passover: Learn how to make heart-healthy "Tri-Color Matzah Balls" in this video from food guru Shannon Sarna, because Every Bite Counts. And try out the Hadassah Magazine dessert that went viral: Chocolate Quinoa Cake.
- And, in case you missed it: Watch our informative symposium on "Controversies in Pediatric Vaccination: A Jewish Approach".
NOTE: Many online events will ask for your Hadassah ID number to register.
Check out last's week's edition of Hadassah@Home for more resources to keep you engaged and connected. Keep up on COVID-19 updates from Israel and in our communities at our webpage.