Here's something exciting: Hadassah Hospital made major news here in the United States this week!
A front-page story in the Washington Post details the extensive ways that Arab and Jewish Israelis are coming together in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic at Hadassah Hospital Ein Kerem. The article demonstrates why our hospital has become a model for uniting across differences in the spirit of healing.
At this time of crisis, we can all take pride in our hospitals and in Israel, which is at the forefront of COVID-related research and treatment. And today is the perfect time to celebrate all things Israel. It’s Yom Ha'atzmaut, Israeli Independence Day! Hadassah@Home is here to connect you to Israel in ways you can feel good about.
Yom Ha'atzmaut comes home:
- Celebrate in song — TODAY, Wednesday, April 29: Concert with Naomi Less, 1:00 pm EDT, with Hadassah insights from Hadassah National President Rhoda Smolow and Barbara "BG" Goldstein, Deputy Director, Hadassah Office in Israel.
- Special event: Israel's Strong Leadership in a Changing World: A Conversation with UN Ambassador Danny Danon and National President Rhoda Smolow. Monday May 4, 12:00 pm EDT.
- Live vicariously: Put a Little Israel In Your Heart takes you on a gorgeous digital journey to Israel with Hadassah presidents, with an emphasis on Hadassah's awe-inspiring work.
- Do more: There are so many ways you can celebrate Israel at home.
Exclusive at-home learning opportunities:
- Hone your Hebrew: Free weekly lessons, ongoing, beginning May 4 on Mondays. Beginner Level, at 3:00 pm EDT, and Intermediate Level, at 4:00 pm EDT.
- Three-part training series: Increase your comfort level leading and participating in online programs and meetings, focusing on interpersonal communication, facilitating discussions and teamwork. Building Hadassah Connections from Home, Wednesdays, May 6-20, 4:00-5:15 pm EDT.
- Expand your understanding: Eating Disorders in Jewish Communities featuring Janice Baker, a registered dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes care and education specialist. Monday, May 4, 8:00 pm EDT.
More ways to connect:
- Practice mindfulness: "Resilience & Relaxation with Rebecca" with Rabbi Rebecca W. Sirbu, Hadassah's Director of Engagement. Tuesdays at 4:00 pm EDT. Thursdays at 1:30 pm EDT. (Register separately.)
- Boost your baking: Challah baking tips and troubleshooting from Hadassah Magazine.
- Share your love on Facebook: If someone you care about has struggled with infertility, please help us raise awareness by liking and sharing this beautiful reConceiving Infertility graphic on Facebook.
- In case you missed it: Listen to this informative Bonus Hadassah On Call Podcast update on COVID-19 with a Hadassah Hospital infectious disease expert.
NOTE: Many online events will ask for your Hadassah ID number to register.
NEW! Hadassah@Home online programming and recordings are all posted on our website. Go there anytime to find new and previous content.
Check out last's week's edition of Hadassah@Home for more resources to keep you engaged and connected.
Follow our ongoing COVID-19 coverage: Get regular updates from Israel and in our communities at our webpage.