Today is National Nurses Day. It's safe to say we're living at a time when nurses are especially celebrated and valued. And rightly so.
At Hadassah, we have long held nurses in high esteem, given the pivotal role nursing has played in our history, as well as the extraordinary work of our members in the nursing and allied health professions in the US and in Israel at Hadassah's hospitals.
Today, like every day, every year, we want to make sure they hear, loud and clear, how much we appreciate the crucial role nurses play as frontline workers fighting COVID-19. Please join us on Facebook and Instagram to share your personal messages of support, along with pictures and signs of praise. Include #HadassahLovesNurses. It's a wonderful way to connect directly with our nursing community from home — and celebrate their connection to Hadassah.
Ways to connect this week:
- Special Zoom event: In "Honoring Our Frontline Professionals at HMO," you'll hear firsthand from our heroes fighting COVID-19 at Hadassah's hospitals in Israel, with Dr. Rely Alon, Head of the Nursing Division; Prof. Sigal Sviri, Director of the Medical Intensive Care Unit; and Barbara "BG" Goldstein, Deputy Director of the Hadassah Office in Israel. May 14, 1:00 pm EDT.
- Continue the celebration: Join the Embassy of Israel for a celebration of Israel’s birthday — including a spotlight on Hadassah — with a special online event. Celebrate the food, culture, and independence of Israel — watch on May 14 at 8:00 pm EDT.
- Lunch and learn: Breast Cancer Treatment in the Time of Covid-19 & an HMO Virus Update. Monday, May 11, 12:00 pm EDT. Presented by the Physicians Council and open to all members.
- Read for fun: The Hadassah Magazine Discussion Group is launching a new online book club called “One Book, One Hadassah” with a live interview with bestselling author Jennifer Weiner on June 10 (details to come). Get ready and read her new novel, Big Summer, available at online booksellers now.
- Make a difference: Urge Congress to support expanding US-Israel medical partnerships to combat COVID-19 and speak out in support of nurses, physicians, and allied health professionals.
Ongoing weekly series:
- Resilience & Relaxation with Rebecca:
IMPORTANT: You must re-register for sessions going forward as we are switching to a new digital platform.
Tuesdays at 4:00 pm EDT. Thursdays at 1:30 pm EDT. (Register separately.)
- Hebrew Lessons: Mondays, Beginner Level, at 3:00 pm EDT, and Intermediate Level, at 4:00 pm EDT.
In case you missed it:
- Israel's Strong Leadership in a Changing World: A Conversation with UN Ambassador Danny Danon and National President Rhoda Smolow.
- Yom Ha'Atzmaut Concert with Naomi Less.
NOTE: Many online events will ask for your Hadassah ID number to register.
Check out last's week's edition of Hadassah@Home for more resources to keep you engaged and connected.
Follow our ongoing COVID-19 coverage, including regular updates from Israel and our communities.