Important Dates for 2020
- Friday nights & Saturdays - no Hadassah work permitted except Shabbat Services and other Shabbat related programs
- March 6-7 - Hadassah Shabbat Zachor
- March 10-11 - Purim, not a yom tov, Hadassah work permitted
- April 9-10 - Pesach, first two day, no Hadassah work permitted
- April 12-24 - Interim days of Pesach - work permitted, all food must be Kosher for Passover
- April 15-16 - Pesach, last days, no Hadassah work permitted
- April 25-27 - DMR Bpard <eetomg - Las Vegas
- May 29-30 - Shavuot, no Hadassah work permitted
- July 30 - Tisha B'Av, no Hadassah work permitted
- September 11-13 - FAB 5 Regional Conference - San Diego, CA
- September 19-20 - Rosh Hashanah, no Hadassah work permitted
- September 28 - Yom Kippur, no Hadassah work permitted
- October 3-4 - Sukkot, no Hadassah work permitted unless a meal/service in a Sukkah
- October 5-9 - Sukkot Chol ha-Moed (in between days) -work permitted
- October 10-11 - Shemini Atzeret, no Hadassah work permitted
- October 11 - Simchat Torah, no Hadassah work permitted
- December 5-7 - DMR Annual Conference - To Be Determined
- December 11-18 - Chanukah, work permitted
Note: Daylight Savings Time goes into effect Sunday, March 8, 2020 and ends Sunday, November 1, 2020. THis will only cause confusion for thise living in, calling, or traveling to Arizona!
From our President
Dear Hadassah Friends,
Please enjoy this message from our National President, Rhoda Smolow:
"This Fourth of July, let’s honor the change-makers of the past as we look to the future."
The Power of Women Who Vote: With Rights Come Responsibilities
By Rhoda Smolow
This Fourth of July, we could sum up recent American life with two words: pandemic and protests. At this moment in American history, two things are clear: with freedoms and rights come responsibilities, and women’s voices are needed more than ever.
This summer, let’s honor both as we mark the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage. Let’s commit this Fourth to doing everything we can to help get out the women’s vote this year. Read the rest of Rhonda's message here: http://wzoa.convio.net/site/MessageViewer?dlv_id=22615&em_id=27465.0
Sign-up for our Emails:
Desert-Mountain Region Cookbook
L'Dor V'Dor We all have our favorite family recipes! Let's share! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Appetizers, Lite Meals, Side Dishes, Vegetables, Desserts, Special Holiday Treats. Send your recipes along with a photo of you, your dish, the relative you got the recipe from and any story you want to share about the dish.The recipes, photos and stories will be combined into a Regional Cookbook to be offered for sale later.Please send your recipes, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 9!
Together and Apart: The Future of Jewish Peoplehood
June 23, 2020 - September 1, 2020Zoom link will be sent when you register.
Together and Apart: The Future of Jewish Peoplehood This series of lessons from the Shalom Hartman Institute is taught by Anita Wenner, a well-known Desert-Mountain Region educator. Each session will include a short video, readings, a lesson and discussion time after the presentation. Each lesson covers a different topic, and registrants will receive the links and readings by email so you can prepare prior to each lesson.
Hadassah Desert Mountain Regional Cookbook -- extended deadlines for entries!
July 30, 2020 - August 16, 2020
Hadassah Desert Mountain Regional Cookbook -- extended deadlines for entries! We all have our favorite family recipes Let's Share! Breakfast - Lunch Dinner Appetizers - Lite Meals Veggie - Side Dishes Desserts - Special Holiday Treats Send your recipes along with a photo of you, of the dish, of your Mom or Aunt who gave you the recipe and, if your recipe comes with a story, sent that in too. Recipes along with your photos and stories will be out together in a lovely cookbook emailed to all for a minimun donation of $25. Email your entries to email@example.com Deadline extended to August 16th
Keepers 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration!
August 2, 2020Zoom link will be sent when you register.
Sunday , August 2, 2020 5:00 PM EDT Join us as Keepers of the Gate turns 25! Craft your own "Keeper's Silver Martini" and meet us on Zoom! REGISTER NOW! Honoring the memory of Keepers Founding Chair, Leona Brauser Special remarks by Hadassah National President, Rhoda Smolow EXCITING surprise guest entertainment!
Organization Vice President
Membership Portfolio Chair
Philanthropy Portfolio Chair
Development Portfolio Co-Chair
Annual Giving Chair
Della Gilson Levy
PRAZE - American Affairs
Young Judea Chair
PRAZE - Zionist Affairs Chair
Parlimentarian/Bylaws & Standing Rules Chair
Immediate Past DMR President - Nominating Committee Chair
Communications Portfolio Chair-Website Administrator
- Hadassah Valley Of The Sun ›
- Boulder ›
- Colorado Springs ›
- Denver ›
- Devorah ›
- El Paso ›
- Greater Salt Lake ›
- Hadassah Greater Albuquerque ›
- Hadassah Southern Arizona ›
- Hadassah Southern Nevada ›
- L.E.A.(Littleton, Englewood, Aurora) ›
- Las Cruces ›
- Los Alamos ›
- Montana ›
- Northern Colorado ›
- Santa Fe ›
- Shalom ›
- Tikvah-West Valley ›
- Wyoming Statewide ›