In a win for reproductive rights on August 2, Hadassah members in Kansas mobilized against a ballot initiative to eliminate state protections for choice. Kansas voters resoundingly rejected the anti-choice measure. Without the federal protections, states can now fully take away all access to reproductive choice. Stay informed -- and speak out.
Active State Hadassah for Choice Campaigns
- California: The California Right to Reproductive Freedom Amendment, on the ballot on November 8, 2022, will establish a right to reproductive freedom in California’s constitution. California voters: pledge to support this initiative today.
- Florida: In Florida, where a new law bans abortion after 15 weeks, even more restrictions on choice are being considered. Take a stand today against further restrictions in Florida.
- Kentucky: A ballot measure in November would amend the Bill of Rights in Kentucky’s constitution to state that nothing in the constitution protects reproductive rights. Kentucky voters: take action today.
- Massachusetts: Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker signed an executive order protecting access to reproductive health care and protecting anyone seeking or providing reproductive health services. Massachusetts supporters: thank Governor Baker here!
- Michigan: Hadassah members mobilized in Michigan in support of a state constitutional right to reproductive freedom. Thanks to their efforts, the initiative gathered enough signatures to move forward to the ballot. Michigan voters: pledge to support the initiative today.
- Minnesota: Minnesota legislators introduced a bill banning reproductive health care services once fetal cardiac activity is detected, around six weeks gestation. Tell your Minnesota lawmakers to vote NO on reproductive health restrictions.
- New Jersey: New Jersey recently passed two laws protecting reproductive health services. Thank Governor Phil Murphy and your New Jersey lawmakers.
- Ohio: Bills in Ohio’s state legislature seek to ban reproductive choice entirely except for life-or-death situations. Take a stand for reproductive health in Ohio.
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania lawmakers have re-introduced a proposal to amend the state constitution to eliminate rights to reproductive health care. Thank Governor Tom Wolf for efforts to protect access to care and urge your Pennsylvania lawmakers to oppose restrictions to reproductive freedom.
- Vermont: The Right to Personal Reproductive Autonomy Amendment, on the ballot in November, would add language to the state’s constitution protecting an individual’s right to personal reproductive autonomy. Vermont voters: pledge to vote yes on this amendment.
Ongoing Hadassah for Choice Federal Actions
While Hadassah members fight to protect reproductive rights in states across the country, the fight at the federal level continues. Three bills protecting women’s reproductive rights and enacting protections for patients and doctors are now before the Senate. Urge your legislators to protect reproductive health care nationwide.
We still need champions of choice to step up with Hadassah and help protect reproductive health care access across the country. If your state isn’t on the list and you’d like to get involved, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or continue outreach to your federal legislator to push for reproductive freedom on the national level!