February is American Heart Month — and at Hadassah, we're proud of our work to educate our community from coast to coast about how to live heart healthy lives through research, education, and health and wellness programs.
From our Every Move Counts program launching next week to a new Hadassah On Call podcast episode featuring insights from Dr. Offer Amir, the director of Hadassah's Irma and Paul Milstein Heart Center, we're doing our part this month to raise awareness and help one another get heart healthy. Plus, we've got several engaging programs to fill your heart with pride, joy, hope and healing.
Sign up today! The celebrity list is growing and so are the registrations for this not-to-be-missed Hadassah virtual global benefit! At the one-year mark of the pandemic, now is the time to support Hadassah's hospitals and help heal our world. Mayim Bialik, Billy Crystal, film exec Sherry Lansing, singer-songwriter Rachel Platten and Broadway's Keala Settle are the latest invited stars to join with Hadassah. Also hear from Jason Alexander, Ben Platt, Grey's Anatomy star Kate Burton, Fauda star Lior Raz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Brad Falchuk and so many others! Livestream benefit tickets are $180 per household. See full celebrity lineup, sponsor opportunities and registration here. Sunday, February 21. Exclusive Gala Reception, 2 pm ET, Livestream Benefit, 2:30 pm ET.
Get moving, connect online and have fun: Our new health and wellness program, Every Move Counts, makes it easy to track movements of all kinds: a walk outside, chair fitness, gardening, climbing stairs, household tasks and more. We'll be "traveling" together on a virtual trip to Israel, learning fun local and Hadassah facts, helping raise funds, and empowering and cheering each other on. Three-month program begins on February 16. Register here. Learn more and ask questions at our free orientation session on Thursday, February 11, 8 pm ET.
New podcast on heart health: Listen to the latest Hadassah On Call episode, "Breakthroughs, Risks and Warning Signs: An Insider's Tips for a Healthy Heart." One of the premier heart specialists at Hadassah, Dr. Offer Amir, director of the Irma and Paul Milstein Heart Center, describes how Hadassah is saving lives faster, dealing with COVID-related heart issues and more.
- Hadassah Shabbat Zachor: Share your love of Hadassah with your synagogue friends online for Hadassah Shabbat Zachor, the Shabbat before Purim. To ensure that your chapter or synagogue hosts the best celebration possible, use our new guide, which contains resources you need to host an engaging and meaningful celebration. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for the guide, and during your celebration, be sure to introduce your synagogue friends to Every Move Counts, another exciting way to stay connected to Hadassah. February 19-20.
- Tackling infertility — real questions, real answers: Hadassah is sponsoring a landmark Jewish community conversation for those on a fertility journey, and for those who love and support them. The free virtual Jewish Fertility Support Summit, hosted by I Was Supposed to Have A Baby and SVIVAH, will feature experts and information about Hadassah's legislative advocacy to expand access to affordable fertility treatments, including our efforts to highlight the impact in the Jewish community. Monday, February 22, 8 pm ET.
Wisdom from a finance guru: Jean Chatzky, longtime financial editor of NBC's Today show and creator of HerMoney.com, joins Hadassah Magazine Executive Editor Lisa Hostein for an important conversation on How COVID Is Hitting Women's Pocketbooks. Hadassah members $18, non-members $25. Tuesday, February 23, 7 pm ET.
Vaccine update: COVID-19 Vaccine Update: All the Facts, Answers and Info You Need to Know. Join us for this informative online session with Dr. Limor Rubin, senior physician at Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center, who will clearly outline the different COVID vaccines that are available and how they work. Hosted by the Hadassah Physicians Council and open to everyone. Hadassah members $18, non-members $25. Sunday, February 28, 2 pm ET.
Cooking with Hadassah Magazine: Explore our selection of hamantaschen recipes for the upcoming Purim holiday at hadassahmagazine.org/food, from prune, apricot and poppy to chocolate chip and jammy, eggless thumbprint cookies drizzled with chocolate.
SAVE THE DATE
(details to come in future emails):
- March 11, 12 pm ET: Hadassah Magazine Discussion Group: A Passover Cookalong With Jewish Food Sensation Jake Cohen.
- March 18, 3 pm ET: Access Israel: The Headlines We Need to Know More About, with Gil Hoffman, Chief Political Correspondent for The Jerusalem Post.
- April 8, 6 pm ET: One Book, One Hadassah: Best-selling author Kristen Harmel and The Book of Lost Names.
- April 11, 7:30 pm ET: A Conversation with Supreme Court Marshal Pamela Talkin.
- April 22, 2 pm ET: Access Israel: Interview with Khaled Abu Toameh, award-winning journalist and TV producer who covers Palestinian affairs for The Jerusalem Post.
Hebrew@Hadassah: All students, current and new, must register for the 2021 weekly series, a continuation of our ongoing Hebrew class. The cost for all 2021 Hebrew classes is $36. Email questions to EducationandAdvocacy@Hadassah.org.
Resilience & Relaxation with Rebecca: Tuesdays at 4 pm ET.