Three-Year-Old Saved by Hadassah After Scorpion Bite

November 23, 2015

Three-Year-Old Saved by Hadassah After Scorpion Bite

Ariel, age three, was in the outdoor play area of his nursery school when a yellow scorpion--the most dangerous of Israel’s scorpions-- stung him.

When Ariel arrived at the Pediatric Emergency Room at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, he was breathing with great difficulty. The scorpion venom, as with a snake bite, impacts the nervous system, heart, and blood vessels. Hadassah’s medical team started immediate anti-poisoning treatment and stabilized him before transferring him to the Intensive Care unit.

"We felt safe as soon as we entered Hadassah’s doors,” Ariel’s parents noted. “We were updated at every stage and felt Hadassah’s compassion and professionalism."